AW: Daniel Collidge posted about AW being removed.....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The low ratings Coleridge mentioned for AW, could also stem from when SoapNet tried switching Dallas and AW's time slots awhile back; AW probably lost a lot of viewers due to that mistake. They finally fixed their mistake, but I bet a lot of people who tuned out due to the time slot change never tuned back in........

Count me in as another person who doesn't like Daniel Coleridge........ <_<

• Members

He's an awful reporter, I simply can't stand his writing style. He's simply a gossip columnist with lots of focus on himself.

The ratings argument is way off. So what is the standard 14-49 rating Soapnet is getting, heh? A 0.1 probably??? They are a cable network catering to a niche (or at least should be). The news about AW cancellation stinks!

• Members

Apparently the new rumor floating in GL and ATWT circles is that deals between Soapnet and P&G for GL and ATWT have failed thus Soapnet canceled AW. I wouldn't be suprised if this is true because since that moron Frons put it out there that he spent $50 million dollars to get OTH and The OC, P&G thought they would take a shot with Frons and failed. Lawd, Frons is an idiot who is going to kill Soaps.

• Members

So, SoapNet was trying to acquire the rights to GL and ATWT, and when that fell through, they cancelled AW out of spite? I dunno, something just doesn't seem right about that. I can't imagine Frons giving a crap about adding any shows that aren't ABC related or otherwise teen-oriented. But then again, I wouldn't put anything past that loser.

• Members

I don't believe that either. GL is so low rated on CBS, why would SOAPnet want it? And there is no room to add another current soap to their lineup. They are already pushing it with Y&R.

I always assumed that SOAPnet would pick up GL if it were cancelled, but I doubt we will ever see another classic soap on SOAPnet.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 29 2007, 06:40 PM)
I don't believe that either. GL is so low rated on CBS, why would SOAPnet want it? And there is no room to add another current soap to their lineup. They are already pushing it with Y&R.

I always assumed that SOAPnet would pick up GL if it were cancelled, but I doubt we will ever see another classic soap on SOAPnet.

I agree...where would they find the room to fit ATWT and GL, unless they were both graveyard shifted and ran only two times a day?!

And I also agree with you about classic soaps on SOAPnet...they are done and over with. As of April 6, 2007, SOAPnet as we know it will no longer exist.

Archived