OLTL Discussion: Week of March 26th

• Members

It's not like they were lying... Revenge sex? Come on now. Who does that? Lemme guess - BLAIR! She's a whore alright! And I think Miles' first time should be with Blair. She will certainly help him make up for lost time! He'll be stomping with the pros by the time she's finished with him...

As for Tangie, WOW! His hand on her abs was smoking!

ANDREA

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my god I want to kill Todd and Van!!! They are so incredible stupid and a waste of air time!!! Can they have one conversation that is a least a little interesting? Do they always have to treat each other like they are 5? My gosh that was so bad. I can't that Todd Manning has been reduce to this.

Chris and Blair - loved it light, flirty, entertainng and adult!!!

Starr and Cole- so much more interesting than Todd and Van and more mature. I know that they are running away, but it is like non-violent protesting not leave the home forever!!

I still feel bad for Nat- John is dead to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talia is a good charater, but useless so far!!

• Members

Woah! How long have you been watching soaps?! :lol: EVERYBODY has either revenege and/or comfort sex on soaps -- everybody! Blair was drunk and hurt!

Now, I love Tangeline so far -- I haven't seen tingly chemistry like that since GH's orginal CarLo. However, to imply that what Blair + Cris did = wrong because it was sex and Tangeline are in the clear because it was only kissing... I do not agree. IMO, Todd & Van cheated just as much Blair & Cris sis because that kiss was more than a kiss, and they have been lying to both Blair and Cristian about their strong feelings for a long while now. They spent the whole night in each other's arms at the ski lodge, for Lawd's sake!

As for "whore"... A lot of characters on OLTL have been throwing that word around regarding Blair -- including the father of her children, which IMO is unacceptable -- but why is nobody calling Cristian a big old man-whore for sleeping with Blair? It takes two to tango! Why is nobody calling Todd a whore for paying Tate off to leave him and Van alone in the room? Why is nobody calling Van a whore for having slept with McNostril while she was in a relationship with RJ? Sorry, but I just hate when fans through that word around and aim it at the female characters only. And Blair gets tarred with the Whore Brush more than most -- while people chose to ignore the fact that she's not the only one gettin' some on this show.

• Members

Ooops ... I just posted, and it's gone.

Cat, this is the best post I've ever read in my life. You are amazing.

Another thing: there aren't many who are less interested in children than I am, but damn: that lil' Jamie is a frickin' cutie!

• Members

LOL, shane, I've gotten the practice from defending B&B's Brooke over the years. ;)

Still love Todd & Van, I am afraid; I just *hatedespisedetest* that W word and don't think Blair should be accused of being a whore just for that drunken fumble with Cristian. She already got called all the names under the sun for sleeping Spencer -- including, I admit, by me *hangs head in shame*

Plus she is a free agent. No longer with Todd, or anybody for that matter. She doesn't owe anybody an explanation about what happened.

ETA: Thanks for the really lovely compliment!

• Members

I think they are all cheating, emotionally and physically. And I do think the 'whore' stuff just needs to end, even Starr calls her mom that and I am sick of it.

The writing and dialogue on this show can be so insulting at times, especially because it is always against women while the macho men come off looking like untouchable gods, and that is just sick to me.

The best of today is Langston and Starr. They should have Langston be a Lord or a Buchanan. Maybe a long lost child to Kevin or Joey?

• Members

I hate Todd and Vangie. It's not Todd. I'll agree to whatever chemistry the rest of you say is there, but only to the extent that it is Walker and Evangeline. Blair is no more a ho than the other two. At least she isn't judgemental like Walker and Evangeline.

Blair isn't with Walker or anyone else for that matter. Jamie is such a cutie.

Hey Scotty, have you heard anything about Bree being signed to do a TV pilot this summer?

• Members

While, I would love Langston to be linked to someone... please let it not be a Lord or Buchanan, everytime I look around they get a long lost/mystery child story (Todd has one now). I rather it be someone else, to make it interesting... or have someone else adopt her, because her home life isn't good.

• Members

This Romeo and Juliet storyline with Starr and Cole is just too much! They are acting like it's high stakes drama. Here's Todd, risking life in prison as he strangles Cole. Here's Marty, screaming "You'll pay for this" to ill effect. And the actor playing Cole was his usual untalented self in terms of line delivery today. Poor, poor KA, stuck in the middle of this mess.

I understand that they think it's great drama, because it's TODD and MARTY'S children in love after the horrific past, blah-blah-blah. If only Higley knew how to write, then maybe this would be more effective. As it is, the ridiculous age discrepancies between Starr and Cole are the least of the problems in this botched mess.

I find it very interesting that the scenes with Jessica telling Miles about the gang rape came off as far more effective than the Romeo and Juliet drivel. Don't know what it is, but Bree Williamson can sell any scene she's in, as far as I'm concerned.

Not only is Melissa Archer looking very pretty lately, but today was the first time that she broke my heart in a long, long while.

Fairly lackluster episode compared to what we've been getting lately.

ETA: Christina Chambers must be exhausted, since she's on every G.D. episode.

• Members

I felt for Natalie today too, although I agree that taking it out on Marty is of no use. She just needs a clean break from John. He's a soul sucker as far as I'm concerned. Nat is just too needy to be with a guy who is as closed off as John is.

I really liked the scenes with Miles and Jess. I hope they continue to develop that relationship and that Miles turns out to be a good guy.

Archived