BOLD memories: Let’s dish about 20 years of B&B

• Members

This Friday B&B turns the big 2-0 and I thought it’s hightime that we remember our fondest memories. What was the best story, best cat-fight, best scene etc. I’ll post mine later on but before that, what about a little quiz.

Quotes to remember – especially since they were used to death and repeated on several occasions.

Who said the following? Bonus points for the correct year the phrase was used the first time…

“Ridge must never know that he’s the father of my child!”

“I know Amber’s hiding sth. and I won’t stop until I find out what her secret is!”

“It’s all Stephanie’s (and/or) Lauren’s fault!”

“Wiiiidge, think about the children…”

“You’re still the little tramp from the valley like when I first met you.”

“I’ll finally get the child that Stephanie took from me when I was 17.”

“I wonder which member of my family you’re going to seduce next? Ridge? Eric? Or Thorne? Wait, you already had all of them…”

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh this is fun! I'll give my guesses:

“Ridge must never know that he’s the father of my child!” (Taylor - 1998)

“I know Amber’s hiding sth. and I won’t stop until I find out what her secret is!” (Kimberly - 1999)

“It’s all Stephanie’s (and/or) Lauren’s fault!” (Sheila - 1992)

“Wiiiidge, think about the children…” (Brooke - 1993)

“You’re still the little tramp from the valley like when I first met you.” (Stephanie - um...1991)

“I’ll finally get the child that Stephanie took from me when I was 17.” (Morgan - 2000)

“I wonder which member of my family you’re going to seduce next? Ridge? Eric? Or Thorne? Wait, you already had all of them…” (Stephanie - 2005)

I'll post some memories later when I have more time.

• Members

Characters are correct but most dates are still up for the right guesses...

Feel free to add other quotes. I just posted those who I felt they were used for 3 consecutive months or longer on certain occasions. LOL!

EDIT: This is another quote - only used once - but fantabulous...

"Oh sometimes it feels so good to be evil..."

• Members

LOL ^ I think Sheila said that! Failing that, Morgan.

I've got some quotes. Who said:

"You are the only man I ever loved"

"Ridge, I just want to know: was I the agressor?"

"I.. don't... Quit... B!TCH."

"I never thought we'd let a man get between our friendship."

"So, get ready, friends. Today you're going to die" ?

I'll look for caps later, if I can find them. Great thread, sheilaforever!

• Members

Another one which is not that hard to pin-point but a true contemporary classic...

"Stephanie just die. Die and prove me wrong, will you?"

I'll try Cat's quotes - Wemake a complete list in the end with the correct character relations and year... - but some of them are hard.

"You are the only man I ever loved"

I think it was my darlin Sheila but many people could have said this.

"Ridge, I just want to know: was I the agressor?"

Hmmm, somehow I think of 1993 and BeLieF but I could be totally off here.

"I.. don't... Quit... B!TCH."

Have no idea but am looking extremely foward to this...

"I never thought we'd let a man get between our friendship."

This must be Brooke & Caroline - ca. 1988 after Brooke hid the infamous letter from Caroline - because they were THE only best gal pals in 20 years of B&B. LOL!

"So, get ready, friends. Today you're going to die"

I say Sheila's goodbye party in May 1995 when she held the Forresters at gunpoint?

• Members

It was STEPHANIE to Ridge (barf!) about two years ago!

Caroline to Ridge, circa 1988.

She was married to Thorne, but she and Ridge pined for one another. One evening she was ill with the flu (or something) and doped up on medication, in bed. Ridge didn't know and climbed into bed as a "joke." She thought it was Thorne and got all amourous with Ridge. The next day she only had very hazy memories of what happened, so she confronted Ridge about it who lied in order to spare her and Thorne any chagrin. Of course, it ALL eventually came out, prompting Thorne to go all Delivrance on Ridge's ass with a gun.

The clip is up on YouTube! #5 of the BeLieF clips.

1993, and Brooke tells Stephanie to clear out of her office. Stephanie harrangues her for a long while and Brooke, exasperated, says "Oh, Stephanie, quit it" or something like that. La Stephanie spits out I... DON'T... QUIT... B!TCH! Best. Line. EVER.

Correct!

Correctamundo! Couldn't list some quotes without including Sheila.

• Members

I can't beleive B&B is 20 years old! So many memorable moments...first let me say how I found this show. I grew up watching DAYS and was totally devoted to it. One afternoon, I switched to Y&R and saw Lauren and Sheila arguing in the farmhouse where the fire soon erupted. That day, I was so captivated by Kimberlin Brown that I just had to see what would happen with Sheila. The news broke of her arrival on B&B and the rest as they say, is history. I tuned in to see her debut in 1992 and was hooked. Brown would get the ax in '95, come back, get axed again in '98, come back, and everytime Brad Bell would let Brown go I'd write and complain and say I'd never watch again - but I kept on watching even when Sheila was not on the scene.

The stories I enjoyed most involving Sheila were : worming her way into becoming Rick's nanny by having his previous nanny slip on detergent Sheila poured on the floor, the fashion show nightmare where it looked like it was all over for Sheila, the friendship between Sheila and Brooke, watching helplessly as Mike spun Bridget's paternity test tubes out of control, pouring vodka in Macy's O.J., the physical fights with Lauren, in particular Sheila drowning her in the hotub, Catalina, Sheila's goodbye party, poisoning Stephanie, and all the scenes where Sheila would show her soft, tender side.

Besides Kimberlin Brown, my other favorites have been Bobbie Eakes, Susan Flannery and Darlene Conely (who was sadly, underused throughout the years). Sheila aside, the other most memorable B&B memories for me are:

Taylor in Prince Omar's palace with all her servants and seeing Brooke and Ridge through the two-way mirror '94

Macy's battle with the bottle 1992-2000; 2003

Brooke in Barbados, having lost her mind and clutching dolls she believed were Rick and Bridget '96

Stephanie going crazy after realizing Brooke was involved with Thorne '99

• Members

OMG! I have been waiting for years to see this kind of stuff. God BLESS YouTube and the person who posted this, because SOAPnet and DVD companies won't do this.

I've only seen part one and it already has me salivating for more. I wish we could see more of this Brooke...the one that stands up to Stephanie. THis doesn't happen nearly as much as it should.

• Members

LOL, I've had people ask me "HOW on earth can you like Brooke?!" in disgust! BeLieF is why.

I'd always liked Brooke but Caroline was "my" heroine during the early days. When she died, I thought that I'd let B&B go as a soap. However, Bill Bell had really stepped things up with the addition of Sheila and Taylor, bringing the Spectra group to the fore -- Sally was an inspired character, the whole underbelly of the rag trade really anchored B&B to its fashion roots -- and repositioning Brooke from the "underdog" Valley Girl to vengeful CEO of Forrester Creations. The show just became all sorts of exciting and truly emerged from Y&R's long shadow.

*sniffle* sometimes I wish it could recapture that dynamism, that excitement, that sense of purpose.

• Members

I have to agree that BeLieF was probably the ONE best story B&B ever had. Simply because it created sparks years before its climax and many, many, many years after the boardroom showdown with Queen Stephanie's and Brooke's little slapping session.

It first came into promincence when a copy of the BeLief formula wound up in Sally's lap. Viewers never got to know who stole it (my guess is Bill Bell never intended for it to make sense like when Y&R's 90s quadrangle Ryan,Vickie/Cole,Nina were assembled at Collonade Room (?) by a magic hand since none of them iniated it) but Sally didn't use it anyway to protect Macy's marraige to Thorne.

Then, the real story of BeLieF started: Ridge & Brooke had gotten closer although he dumped her for TAylor. She still divorced Eric and during the divorce settlement all hell broke loose. With the help of Connor Brooke suddenly battled the Forrester with unbeknownst strength. It was SO good. One of the few stories were I TOTALLY rooted for good. I mean, c'mon, soulmate Ridge tried to trick her, Stephanie played pillar of virtue and kept on b*tching, Thorne was absolutely emotionless. You could only understand Eric's reaction after this bitter divorce. Spying Steve (the actor died one or two years ago if I remember), a lawyer turned masseur, who was paid to romance Brooke and trick her into signing away BeLieF... Therefore Brooke stole everyone the show - the incorporation of Sheila in this was also a strike of genius.

Not to mention the HUGE FALLOUT which should last until 2002 when Brad Bell started his fabulous corporate intrigue stories. Yes, BeLieF was a true killer.

There were other stories equally good but none lasted that long and had as many facettes.

My favorite stories in randomn order and incomplete (!): all of Sheila from 1992 (the nanny was called Judy, BTW) to 1998 especially the James liaison, Brooke on Barbados, the Beau Rivage-story (Clarke in between Forrester and Spectra), Caroline's death with dignity, Brooke/Thorne/Macy, Becky's-story, the introduction of Deacon Sharpe, Brooke&Whip and a dirty little secret in the tummy, Macy's death, anything Gladys related, Kimberly going after Brooke with an Emmy statue, Macy's return, Macy&Grant, Darla (posing as Camille and playing double duty at that time) & Bill Spencer, Felicia's cancer, Eric's & Sally's FAUX engagement, Stephanie owns Forrester Creations, Taylor's return from the death - part 1 & 2, the Douglas family inroduction, Lake Como, Venice, Portofino, St. Thomas and so on and so on. WIth a personal favorite of mine being Taylor's Arabian Nights and the love story of Ridge&Taylor 1992-2001.

Yes, B&B might have its flaws from time to time but overall I still love this show to pieces (Brad just needed to slow down a bit again and make those 3 month arcs last double as long). Thanks for the memories, Bill & Bradley Bell!

• Members

BWAHAHAHA! :lol: How awesome is Mr. Smartypants? I cannot even count the ways! That man's devotion to B&B makes me so happy. Shelaforever, I've never seen some of these -- especially 1-800-HOT-BROOKE and International symbol for Don't Marry Brooke!

One of my favorite Mr Smartypants' caps is the one where stuntmen in wigs replicated Amber and Carmen's rooftop fight: "Daytime soap at its very best!"

B&B executed some superlative SLs. William J. Bell truly was a class apart as a writer and creator of drama.

• Members

We ROFLed about this one or two years ago already before, didn't we?

It is also one my absolute favorite screencaps ever.

012501-1b.jpg

This is also from one of my alltime favorite B&B episodes. It was just SO over the top. Stuntwoman-Carmen & Stuntwoman-Amber were fighting on this roof for about 5 minutes and B&B played the loudest and most dramatic musical gues they have for the WHOLE time.

Campy. Stellar. A riot.

I had to rewind that scene a dozen times. Thank god I got it on tape/dvd... :lol:

Archived