Atwt: Losing 2 Actors

• Members

Zach Roerig (Casey) doesnt want to sign a new contract in April, so it looks like he is going to leave the soap.

Grayson McCouch (Dusty) is booked for a pilot. He will pre-tape some episodes, so he won't leave yet. If the serie is going to hit the air he will leave the soap. :(

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Zach Roerig is no big loss to the show. He's the PERFECT example of the soap opera teen that never grows up: a good actor plays him while he's around, gets a cute coupling and then he leaves for college and is lost forever in soap limbo. It's happened on every show.

• Members

I'm not really impressed with Zack. I think there are better actors his age who could play Casey. If Zack doesn't want to be on the show anymore then give someone who wants to the chance. However I like Grayson, but I wish him all the best with the new show though.

• Members

I have enjoyed Zach as Casey and think he's a good kid. They should definitely recast the role.

I have never been happy with Grayson's Dusty because the writing is just do different than the Dusty I knew and loved as a teen. I loved Grayson on AW, but thug-lite Dusty didn't make any sense.

• Members

I won't miss Zack. He started off real bad and got better. But lately his acting has gotten bad again. I hope they recast the role down the line because he is a Hughes. And I hope they do bring Brian Bloom back as Dusty. Grayson was just ok in the role.

Archived