Burger King To J-hud: Free Burgers For Life!

Rhiannon

• Members

Posted Mar 12th 2007 1:45PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: American Idol

Burger King has awarded Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson an all-you-can-eat pass for their fast food restaurants... for life! Have it your way... forever!

Hudson reacted to Simon Cowell's criticism of her for not thanking "American Idol" in her Oscar speech. She reportedly snapped back, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens, I wouldn't be here either, so should I thank them, too?" Hudson worked at the BK on East 87th and State Street in Chicago. Burger King was her first job at age 16, where she worked with her sister, who claims she sang while working the drive-thru and flipping burgers.

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Burger King responded to Hudson's beef, assuring her that no thanks is necessary, and awarded her with BK for life:

Link To TMZ Article

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll take it off their hands, I love their onion rings and sundae pies! :lol:

I don't know why Simon made such a fuss. He didn't care for her because he was up Fantasia's butt that entire season. She got booted off. She doesn't have to thank them.

• Members

She may not have won or been runner up but usually most of the people that make the top ten, ends up doing good afterwards. And whether or not it was a small stepping stone, it was a stepping stone nonetheless. And without that stepping stone, I don't think we'd even know her name today...that's what she'd be wise to remember IMO.

• Members

the only people to find success from AI are the people to break away from them ... that's what she'd be wise to remember. Kelly Clarkson didn't get as big as she is now untill she went to that other label. While the ones who've stayed with the AI crew have pretty much disapeared ... Ruben, Clay, whoever won seasons 3 and 4. Where are they now?

• Members

I disagree!!

Idol did not HELP Jennifer Hudson get the role on Dreamgirls. Its not like she had an IN with the producers because she was on American Idol (not like the rest of the cast that didn't even have to audition).

She had to bust her ass and file for audition along with the other 600 women who tried out for the role on Dreamgirls.

She had nothing handed her way and she had to go to call back after call back, busting her ass EVERYTIME to beat out 600 other women for the role.

She earned it, American Idol did not earn it for her or help her earn it in ANYWAY IMO!

That being said, had she been an unknown and still got the role, she would have been well-known by this role alone.

I do not think she needed to thank American Idol, especially the way she treated her and always commented on her weight...if anything she should of accepted her Oscar and told Simon Cowell and American Idol to go f*ck themselves!

Archived