Burger King To J-hud: Free Burgers For Life!

Rhiannon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry but IMO, she wouldn't have made it so far without AI. I never said that she didn't have to audition like everyone else, but as a result of AI, she already has a fan base. But I guess since she is so high up there she can just forget about all that now right?

• Members

Via NY Post:

JENNIFER Hudson might be letting her Oscar win for Best Supporting Actress in "Dreamgirls" go to her head. Besides tangling last week with Simon Cowell of "American Idol," the show that gave the ungrateful diva her big break, the singer tried to back out of performing at Saturday's taping of the Soul Train Awards show in Los Angeles. "Jennifer called Friday and said she couldn't make it," said our source. "Soul Train" producer Don Cornelius immediately called Clive Davis, the legendary J Records mogul who created the careers of Whitney Houston, Alicia Keyes and dozens of other artists. "Clive called Jennifer and read her the riot act. He said, 'Get you're ass out to L.A.' and then hung up on her."

---

HUDSON ALMOST DERAILS 'SOUL'

March 13, 2007 -- JENNIFER Hudson might be letting her Oscar win for Best Supporting Actress in "Dreamgirls" go to her head.

Besides tangling last week with Simon Cowell of "American Idol," the show that gave the ungrateful diva her big break, the singer tried to back out of performing at Saturday's taping of the Soul Train Awards show in Los Angeles.

"Jennifer called Friday and said she couldn't make it," said our source.

"Soul Train" producer Don Cornelius immediately called Clive Davis, the legendary J Records mogul who created the careers of Whitney Houston, Alicia Keyes and dozens of other artists.

"Clive called Jennifer and read her the riot act. He said, 'Get your ass out to L.A.' and then hung up on her."

The strong talk from her de facto boss evidently worked because "she showed up."

As viewers will see later this month, Hudson was presented the Sammy Davis Jr. Award for Entertainer of the Year, while Jamie Foxx and Mary J. Blige, John Legend, Gnarls Barkley, Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Babyface were also honored.

Hudson earned a different kind of honor yesterday - from Burger King. She got her first job, at age 16, at a Chicago franchise working with her sister, who claims they sang together while flipping burgers.

The chain awarded Hudson an all-you-can-eat pass for life, proclaiming, "Burger King Corp. is proud of Jennifer's success . . . Our loss is the entertainment industry's gain."

When asked last week why she didn't thank "American Idol" in her Oscar speech, Hudson snapped, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens, I wouldn't be here, either, so maybe I should thank them, too."

"Extra" went through tapes of old shows and found three instances of Cowell's praising Hudson, proving that she was wrong when she claimed he was not supportive. Asked whether Hudson owed him an apology, Cowell said, "No . . . All I ever wanted to do on the show was be fair."

Reps for Hudson, Cornelius and Davis didn't return calls.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03132007/gossi...six/pagesix.htm

She denied all this on her MySpace but where there is smoke, there's fire.

As for the Vogue thin,g it had to do with that ugly dress. She knew it was ugly, but agreed to wear it in exchange for the Vogue cover. The next day, she blasted the designer.

• Members

TMZ has learned Jennifer Hudson was drop-kicked by Starbucks after her agent made some crazy demands over a performance -- but Jennifer could be the victim.

Sources say Hudson was slated to perform yesterday at the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting in Seattle. But then the demands started. Among them -- five town started. Among them -- five town cars for herself, hair and makeup artists, security and her assistant. But wait, there's more. Humidifiers were part of the backstage demands.

But the final straw came when Hudson's William Morris agent notified Starbucks: Hudson would need baked CHICKEN WINGS at 10:00 AM.

We're told at that point, Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz had enough and pulled the plug because he didn't like the way the agent was dealing with his people.

But we've learned Hudson -- who has taken heat recently -- had no idea that these demands were being made. We're told her agent put together a wish list on her own, and it was sent over to Starbucks with Hudson in the dark.

William Morris had no comment.

Archived