AW On SoapNet

• Members

I'm toying with pairing Nancy and Joe ... could be dullsville, but it would pit Nancy and Paulina against each other and kind of put Rachel in the middle. Should she side with Nancy, her half sister, or Paulina, who ended up being almost like a daughter to her ...

My main concern is having all of these ideas and then having them not be done justice in daily form. Sigh. I'm nervous ... lol. And It might take a bit but the balance could be a little difficult. I'll find a happy medium though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really want to see classic soap reruns again. SOAPNET badly needs a second channel. I'd kill for reruns of the current soaps.

I'd love Santa Barbara. I know that would be my kind of soap. And actually, I really want to see reruns of GL. I have the history book and I'd love to see it.

With all the hoping of an AW blog, I'll definitely work on it and start planning out my story arcs!

Any suggestions, right now, are welcome.

• Members

I am so glad to finally see a thread for Another World. One of my all time fave soaps.

A few questions though....

How much longer until Sharlene "dies" in the boat explosion? (One of my fave characters)

Why did Cali Timmons leave as Paulina? (love her as Paulina, i have searched and searched and can't find out why she left anywhere???)

When does Mark Pinter take over as Grant? (never really cared for him as Grant)

I was sad when Anne Heche left as Vicky/Marley. She had amazing chemistry with Paul Michael Valley. Jensen was annoying to me.

Like all of you I am not looking forward to Frankie or Ryan's death. the show never really recovered after Frankie died.

Can't wait to read this new blog!

• Members

She was let go. TPTB wanted to take the character in a new direction, so they picked up Judi. I think they wanted her to be more sympathetic, since they were going to officially make her Mac Cory's daughter. Though most would disagree, to me, it was one of the biggest mistakes the show ever made.

Judi Evans's first weeks are beyond dreadful.

• Members

Judi was who they wanted orginally but she was otherwise engaged. So when she became available, they droped Cali for her.

It orginally happened in November of 91 but it will happen in October on SN.

Early June on SN. It was originally early July of 91.

Sometime in August on SN though he orginally started in September of 91.

• Members

yes, i'd have to say that i'm really looking forward to Jensen and judi taking over these roles. i liked cali as paulina, however, she really did not imo have the best writing for her character...her story almost became secondary to who shot jake. and, after 5 months of who shot jake, i'm STILL waiting for the ending of the storyline. the getting to the shooting and the shooting itslef was much more fune to see than all this crap since he's been in the coma.

I've loved this show since the '70's. I must say, Swajeski's tenure was my second best era of the show. Firt, belonging to harding lemay of the '70's. Jensen as vicky was incredibly painful at first....about 6 months. however, once she settled into the role, she was on fire. imo, she had much more chemistry with ryan. I loved anne, i've loved ellen, and i greatly grew to love jenson in the role. I liked the way she took the best parts of both of the twins, and, over time morphed them into one great character. I say to all....watch....who knows, you might like it the second time around. How can anyone not LOVE the canadian remote shot of her wedding to grant? she's soooooooo beautiful.

finally, as different as this show becomes at times, isn't it simply wonderful? a huge breath of fresh air compared to today's crap? i'm just thrilled to be able to see some great writing and acting and people on the screen who are not 16 years old for an hour! I'm greatly looking forward to rachel and carl's love story coming up...they did a great job with that stuff. Bye anne...you were outstanding...hello jensen....welcome...and thank you for keeping our vicky front and center and keeping her a very believalbe and appealing part of the show! I will greatly miss sharlene....i think she only has a couple of months left as well....great great show....glad we can chat about it. one more thing....lol.....they have totally NOT used iris and the great carmen duncan to her abilities....i'm sorry swajeski could not have written for this major historical figure on the show.

Archived