ALL: I've given up DAYS, Need a new soap

• Members

I always swore that I would never give the show up, no matter what, but over the last couple months, I have become detached from DAYS and don't care for ANY of the storylines. I watched during JER#1, SSM, Langan, C&B, Higley and JER#2 and have never been as bored with the show as I am right now. So after 11 years, I've decided to take an indefinite hiatus.

I currently watch PSNS daily and GL a couple times a week. Any suggestions on which soap to pick up?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, if you're looking for the camp that DAYS once had, I know my head might get stomped on for this, but the ABC soaps are pretty close to it. All My Children and General Hospital are the two best. Don't support OLTL-- they killed off Margaret.

• Members

Thanks, I'll try GH tonight on SoapNet

I'll record Y&R tonight and force myself to watch and maybe I'll like it lol Is it easier to get into now? I tried numerous times, but it seemed very slow.

• Members

Brooke was not killed off, but her exit was not acknowledged either. She was there one day, gone the next. Her name has not been uttered once since Julia last aired December 20th.

I mean Dixie dies, and Brooke isn't even mentioned? It is just so wrong on many levels.

Rick, Y&R is a clusterf*ck..... I just watch it out of habit. If you didn't get into it before, I highly doubt you will now. :D

• Members

I won't tell you what to watch, because what's good for me, might not be good for you.

However, I suggest you try to watch at least some part of the 7 other soaps (since PSSNS is soon gone) and judge for yourself. Who knows, you might actually like a soap that's mostly ripped to pieces over here.

Archived