DAYS: I Want to Be a Soap Star

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this will be great publicity and exposure for Days...So i'm all for it...and who knows it may just be a short term role...i'll probably watch since i do have soapnet...It will be cool to see Hogan, and i'm sure we'll see lots of familiar Days faces..

• Members

Well that's your opinion. My opinion would be that out of the 20 people I listed, about 5 or 6 could be classified as "inexperienced." That leaves 15 "newbies" that DAYS struck gold with. Keep doing your thing, DAYS. You haven't been successful this long by changing your tone. Keep doing what you do.

• Members

Exactly. Once upon a time on Days, the acting held together pretty well and you were able to really get into the story, believe in the world that was set up and the characters' problems, etc. Now it's like I'm watching a bunch of audition tapes or evaluations for acting class or something (something like, say, a televised try-out for a soap opera?).

If there's a find, there's a find, and I'll be happy. But on the outset of this news, all I can think of is that the casting for talent on Days has been pretty rare for a while now, and I'd love to see the clock turned back on that one.

• Webmaster

Frons was named President of SOAPnet, he doesn't half own it, Disney owns all of it.

Also, DAYS airing on SOAPnet come 2009 may be the only option DAYS has for a future on network tv.

SOAPnet went from 47 million homes in February 2006 to 58 million in February 2007. By 2009, SOAPnet will be in approximately 80 Million homes if it continues this course.

• Webmaster

SOAPnet airs the ABC Soaps, and up until 2006, SOAPnet had no other ties to the ABC Soaps, when Frons was promoted.

ABC isn't interested in Days of our Lives. SOAPnet is!

If Days of our Lives joins the ABC lineup it won't be a Frons decision, it would be a Disney one. As it stands, DAYS is doing so bad in the ratings that they are satisfied with their own soaps.

• Members

Okay. My bad then. I would think if SoapNet was ABC would be since they are now involved with SoapNet a little but okay....

Sorry Ponz! Forget my original post! :lol:

But, Frons in the past has seemed to want Days very badly. If it had not been renewed this year it would have probably gone to ABC.

• Members

Am I the only one that is totally NOT happy about this? I always feared that DAYS would be next for IWBASS, and it appears my fears were correct. While it would be good exposure for DAYS, the last thing we need is another "actor" on the show. And by "actor", I mean just the opposite.

• Members

It will be fun to see. I do hope we get at least a decent actor (and hopefully a FEMALE winner) ... wonder what role it would be. Think it'd be a significant recast or a new character?

Glad that Hogan will be a part of it.

I'm LOLing at the fact that the public gets a say. I think after the apparent uproar at the winners, they realized it's time to let us get involved. Soap fans are hardcore loyal and I think we'd help pick a good winner.

• Members

The fans being involved could be a good thing or a bad thing.

I mean, just look at Farah Fath. She had alot of fans despite not being up to par the past few years. The fans can make the wrong choices in these things (just look at Idol). I just hope they don't in this case. I am glad Hogan is there though. Should be good watching him. We also don't know what role this is. It could just be a short-term role. This all may be more a publicity thing then anything else. I think publicity wise it's a good idea.

• Members

I was hoping it would be Y&R which would almost gaurantee a great actor being chosen. Last year was such a sham I thought it would get cancelled.

Hopefully with Hogan (a straight male) they don't go for the hot hunk just because he's a hot hunk.

Archived