John McCain wants to overturn Roe v. Wade

Q Steph

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Would you rather have it be terminated within the first trimester, have it live in a system that fails unwanted children, or have the mother kill it out of sheer resentment?

I'm all for protection. However, when you've got dumbasses in power who are trying to limit access to it because it's "unChristian" what then? What do you do then? Since, you've got the answers, great wise one, tell us your plan.

• Members

You know what I love about the abortion debate is when these religious fanatics come in to preach about pro life and saving the child then they turn a deaf ear when the mother needs help when she has the child....They help the baby in one instance and then not help the mother. Not too Christian for me

• Members

Don't give me that. It is just a load of bull. Free will is just that, free will. In the eyes of God, it is all sin, it is all wrong. No sin is bigger than the other. Like I said, it doesn't matter what people think about my actions and what I choose to do. In the end, it will be between me and the Lord and no one else. I don't need you or anyone else in my business cause 9 times out of 10 these people who are trying to "preach" to me have a closet ull of dirty little secrets. Doesn't the saying go that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? Don't think its going to get overturned cause its not; don't count on it.

• Members

Committing murder does not endanger the physical health of the assailant. No matter which way you look, the woman carryign this potential child is the host, and outlawing abortions she would have anyway, under less sanitary conditions, would only serve to endanger her. And she was a potential child once.

• Members

Oh geez, Danni is at it again...

With that said, I do not have the answers to this problem. No one does and no one will until all sides come together and realize that they are not all justified in their actions and or feelings.

This is not a Right/wrong issue. This is something that needs to be looked at on a more critical basis.

To be stupid, get pregnant and just get an abortion is wrong. People need to be mature and act their age.

I have never once brought religion into this debate even though I do believe in God, and NO that does not make me a conservative freak like you all believe anyone to believe in God to be. You really need to tone down that rhetoric too. Beliving in a higher power is not the end of the world and for those of you who don't, it doesn't mean you are wrong either.

That is the problem with this world. You have to be right or wrong and there is no in between

until that happens, debates like this will go on with no resolution, hate will build and nothing gets accomplished!

be proud of yourselves, those of you who have to have it YOUR way...and ONLY your way....nothing will even come close to being corrected because of the stubborness of those types of people...left, right..whatever.

• Members

OKay, the last few pages are starting to get out of hand and it is time to reel this in.

Calling someone a "religious fanatic", "oh wise one", "comments like Danni is at it again", "neoCon", "you liberals" - will only lead this thread into the wrong direction and lead to warnings or cause this thread to be closed.

Please refrain from the name calling, the snarky attitude that is clear in your post, choose your words wisely.

We do not want to close this thread or any thread. This is the only warning that you will get. Not only will warnings be given but a suspension of your posting privileges will come with the warning.

So lets reel it in now.

• Members

Re welfare: It's needed. Unfortunately, you have frauds and cheats who play the system, getting assistance when they can be independent on their own. It takes away from the honest who are striving to make a better life for themselves but need extra help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Bush who wanted to drop welfare in favor of a marriage program? If that was true, that was stupid. Marriage only works when both parties want to be committed in love and living together. Marriage should not be used to simply give a child a name or used as religious propaganda. So we get these single moms and dads married off. Then what? You're not going to get people to become self-sufficient just by making them get rings on their fingers and a legal piece of paper.

I also heard about another alternative for welfare which was a job training program. But most people on welfare don't have the skills to get decent jobs, so they end up at Walmart, fast food places, 7-11, etc. It's decent hard work, but it doesn't pay enough to keep an entire family stable, let alone one person. The gov't also doesn't realize that many people in these situations come from unstable family backgrounds or relationships, with histories of mental illness, lack the socialization to keep jobs. I've seen it happen at the place I work at, I talk to these people almost on a daily basis. You can't just throw people with serious mental issues out in the workforce and expect to them to be productive. You have to have lots of training and case management to ease people into this.

Okay, I know I went way OT!

• Members

When I said Planned Parenthood glamorizes sex, I was actually referring to an ad (one of many questions) that PP aired for a while.

A woman in a hard hat is working on...something... (I'm not into that kind of work, who knows what she was doing), and says something like, "My father always taught me to play it safe" or something equally contrived. Next, she leaves work, into the next room, which is a bedroom, comes out of her over alls, takes the hat off and jumps into bed with a man, who is wearing a hard hat, and then there is a toolbox with condoms in it.

The ad was very racy and it was clear that the "couple" wasn't married.

There were debates about this very ad on "The O'Reilly Factor" and other news programs. It was very controversial.

So yes, PP glamorizes sex.

• Members

Um, you did it again, Jack, lol.

I never said that crazy crack whores only have abortions.

I did say I believe that many normal women have been brainwashed into believing abortion is somehow empowering to women and somehow puts both sexes on equal ground, when really it doesn't, since men have no comparison to abortion. Sorry, vasectomies and condoms aren't the same as sucking a life out of a body! So, that won't work, pro-choice America.

No, what you're referring to is the comment I made about ILLEGAL abortions. And I stand by that statement. I would HOPE that only (or mostly) emotionally unstable and mentally unstable women would have an illegal abortion that would potentially risk her life in addition to her child's. (The coathanger method, tripping down the stairs, etc etc).

Archived