John McCain wants to overturn Roe v. Wade

Q Steph

• Members

Um, in a perfect world!

Are you really suggesting that abortion -- aka sucking an innocent child out of its mother's womb, what SHOULD have been considered the safest place to be -- should not be outlawed in a perfect world?

It's sick, it's wrong, and even Hillary Clinton believes there should be far fewer of these procedures.

Sorry, but yes, in a perfect world, ie. where ALL are treated with actual dignity and respect, (which I hope to God would be everyone's view of a 'perfect world') abortion-on-demand wouldn't be so heavily adored and people would have a real respect for life. And actually accept the consequences of their actions.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thankfully, there are more and more organizations popping up in the country that are making otherwise selfish women realize they HAVE to do just that. :)

And I'm sorry, Danni, but it's illogical to think that one person is going to adopt all the unexpected children in the world. There must be more practical solutions than that.

And about the safe sex programs. I agree that abstinence only probably isn't the best approach. But you can't mislabel "safer" sex because that's just what it is. safe-R. Not 100 percent. So we're not really helping our kids, in my opinion, if we teach them that a condom that is 85 percent reliable is their ticket to happy sex without risks.

And let's cut to THE REAL heart of the matter. Yes, we are people with passions. (I refuse to say we're "animals" since we are FAR better than animals). But that doesn't mean we can't keep our passions in check. The real problem, if you want to talk about STIs, is the idiots who use sex recreationally and screw a different person every night, maybe more than one in a night, maybe three in a night, maybe FOUR in a night -- all in the name of same perceived "sexual liberty" that really has made them a slave to their passions -- and MUCH more likely to catch and spread STIs.

• Members

What I love is that same, TIRED old story. Again and again.

The people I know help the women, through the first few years of the child's life. They help them find job training and help them get on their feet.

More propaganda to make us "religious fanatics" (when, once again, it's not a religious issue, so the statement doesn't work) look bad. :rolleyes:

• Members

What am I supposed to do? Open a new account for two or three days? Kind of difficult now with all the spammers going nuts... on many sites I might add. I asked a MOD and he said it was okay .Natuarlly he reminded me I'd be in MUCH BIGGER TROUBLE with her than I could ever be with SON or otherwise.

And he's right. You DO NOT want to get my sister mad. Or maybe she's a sweet little shrinking violet here. I doubt it.

Don't worry. I'm going back to Boston on Sunday. If I like this place I'll open one from there.

And I do like this place. Don't care a lot about soaps anymore.

Fred

Archived