John McCain wants to overturn Roe v. Wade

Q Steph

• Members

Whooooooa, I don't want anyone to think I have "personal issues." I did not mean for a moment to suggest that my view of your definition for sexual liberation reflects my own behaviors. I do have my issues, yes, but believe me, I'm not about to admit to multiple sexual partners in one night or one every week or night, as I suggested in my examples, for the purposes of this thread.

Sorry if there was any confusion. That's just a side note to let you know that's not me.

On topic, I agree that it's a biological instinct.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that SOME people who are pushing this legislation may be doing that (because they realize that sex can be addicting and want others to realize the harmful effects of living just for sex; they're called "sex addicts") but I think the vast majority of those pushing for this abstinence only education genuinely stay committed to that monogamous lifestyle. They see how happy they are from not having to jump from bed, to bed, to bed, worrying about STIs, pregnancies, abortions and the like. And knowing they have stability in their life, with one person whom they can share everything with.

• Members

Yes, but that's the thing. Secrets ALWAYS come out. I don't care what anyone says. (Oh, wow, that scared me a bit just saying that... :lol: ) The point is, we say "look at Ted Haggard" but the truth is, that's one person. Yes, it's a shocking person. One hell of a shocking person even, but it's just one person. Now, are there more people than him? Yes, of course. But who's to say they're not the exception to the rule? After all, the reason why those people are making news is BECAUSE they're being outed is so shocking, because they don't follow what I believe to be "the rule." Otherwise, it ain't news.

Archived