DAYS: Monday, February 19th

• Members

Alice's/Tuscany is one of DAYS permanant sets. After Bonnie is gone, I wouldn't think it would still be Alice's? Unless Maggie takes it back over but keeps the name, but turns it back into a fine dining restaurant?

Chez Rouge was the fourth most used set in January, so it would probably cost them more to break it apart and turn it into the Dimansion every other day, instead of just shipping Maggie back to Alice's, which is not currently being used. Who knows though?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Alice's is definitely going to be gone but they may choose to disregard that set all together and put it a way for future use rather then use it right away.

Chez Rouge has been used alot but it may not be at some points. It would be tedious to keep taking apart and all. Who knows is right. I personally don't care. Whatever they need to do for the budget and show is fine by me. Better then more firings.

• Members

One of Hogan's best episodes yet. Absolutely flawless. I love the teen scene, and every scene with them just worked. I'm finally feeling Steve's danger as well as the Steve/Kayla romance. And EJ/Stefano just rocked my world.

• Members

Days really does have a fantastic teen set..I absolutely love chelsea, nick, and abby...I really enjoyed chelsea and abby's scenes today...I was surprised that abby revealed to chelsea that she knew for a while that Nick was lonely splicer...chelsea's reaction was very realistic..

Steve and Kayla kind of bored me in the begining, i kind of zoned out..but their final scenes were great...

Stefano and EJ's scenes were great, very gothic...

• Members

OMG, "Days" is SO cheap! Am I the only who realizes that they seem to play the SAME tropical-sounding song over and over again in scenes in fancy restaurants?

I can remember it in many scenes now:

Patrick/hope at Morgan Island

Just a few weeks ago with Sami and Kate and Lucas at Chez Rouge

Today!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaam, bum, bum, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, bum, bum, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum, bum, bum, bum, buuuuuuuum, bum, bum, buuuuuuuuuuum

HONESTLY, you guys!!!!!

• Members

See that Celeste scene is something I can't just say whatever to. It would have added so much drama to Stefano's return. I could understand if they weren't going to use her right now due to the budget but we know they are. Since it is a spoiler I won't mention how. But to me that was a miss on history because Celeste and Stefano had that connection.

It is something that could have easily been solved by either Hogan or the breakdown writers. They could have timed Stefano's return to go along with one of Celeste's appearances on the show. That would have handled the budget thing because she is already being paid. It would have been so neat to have had Celeste sitting there and suddenly get a chill or something and know that Mr. Evil himself had come back to Salem.

It was just a miss for me, and highly disappointing. If I have got to have Stefano back there are just certain things that can be done to make it better.

• Members

I hope we get a break from Nick/Chelsea soon. They've been doign what On-The-Run was doing earlier in the month. Not happy-making. I love them, but I don't love anyone this much.

I agree about Celeste. Hogan made a point about conencting EJ and Celeste - where is the drama there? I hope, with her moving in with Abe and Theo, we get some DiMera angst as well as general family angst when Lexie (recast or Renée) undoubtedly returns 'from the dead'.

And more on Stefano, I *NEVER* want to see Joe on Days again. I loved him as Stefano, yes, as so many have. I'd much rather have Days live on than have to pay his big bucks (or any other big bucks, for that matter), and to fall even harder on the budget. It's time for Stefano's reign to be over. The time has come for the new generation.

Was anyone else disappointed that Abby's part in the Lonely Splicer lie didn't cost her more? I suppose Lonely Splicer really did change Chelsea -- the old Chelsea wouldn't have given Abs the time of day anymore than should would Nick. Still, it's missed drama, IMO. Abby didn't want to get caught in the middle, but she was. Where's the drama?

• Members

I see what you are saying but maybe it's not part of the story. Why should Hogan just put them in a scene if it has nothing to do with what he wants to do? Yes it would be neat but you don't just throw characters into scenes because they have a connection and all. If it moves story or has some affect on story, sure but we don't know if it would. Hogan may not want that to happen for some reason, most likely the fact that if Celeste was with Stefano she would warn everyone he is there and then the story may not go the way it was supposed to. There is a reason why EJ is hiding him so having Celeste there would only expose where he is. Celeste isn't afraid of EJ or his threats so there is nothing to silence her so she would go running to Roman, Bo, etc and tell them what is going on. That is why as much as I would like a Celeste/Stefano scene, I understand why we didn't get one because it's probably not part of the plans.

• Members

PR, Many times before when Celeste has had those feelings she didn't run to the authorities about it. And esp now all she would have to do is think that if Lexie is alive that this could put her life in danger and that would be enough to explain her not going to the authorities.

On the same not of the authorities, I am sure something could be dreamed up if not the Lexie thing or it could just be avoided. I mean unless I missed something no one ever mentioned going to the authorities and let them know where Stefano was back in December when John found him. I mean all the crimes this man has committed there has to be a thousand warrants out for his arrest. But yet no mention of John or any calling Interpol or anyone. So I am sure that could have been dealt with.

The scene didn't have to be a whole lot. Celeste could be involved in whatever it is she is going to be involved with and just in a conversation she could have gotten the "feeling of Stefano's return" which could have easily been explained to the person as nothing but yet giving the audience more of a feel of something bad coming.

It would have just added something more to the return to Salem which was rather bland to me. The scenes with EJ were good, but it didn't have the full impact it should have since this is the big bad Stefano DiMera returning to the city he has terrorized for most of his life.

PR, I like Hogan but I am still not ready to agree with him on everything. I think he is doing a good job but he is missing out on some things lately with the no fallout or even dealing with Lexie's accident being the biggest, and even Sami getting the best of Kate didn't have the punch it should have.

I just think he missed something here. It makes me wonder if he doesn't want Stefano's return to have that big of a punch. By having Stefano so sick and no big impact to this return, he makes EJ appear more powerful. Sort of passing the torch more to show that EJ has all the power now. It may not be, but he seems all about the future and downgrading the power of the villiany of Victor and Stefano. Depending on the outcome of this, I am seriously even hoping even more that Stefano would have stayed dead. I hope that the last images or thoughts of Stefano ever on the show are of a weak man that is even unable to speak. He was once too great of a villian to be remembered that way.

• Members

Again, I see your point. I guess I am just easier to please or maybe I am just happy that I am getting quality everyday now. The feeling I get is Celeste will be brought into this somehow, especially after her scenes today, but I don't think we needed her in scenes with Stefano. It would be nice but I don't think it was needed.

I don't think Stefano's return was meant to have a punch. It had punch back in December when J&M learned he was still alive and found him. That was the punch. The fans already knew he was alive and probably would turn up so I don't think Hogan was going for a big shock there.

I will agree with you too on the lack of Lexie fallout. The two weeks after that were really strange because so much seemed out of whack, especially the balance. It was almost as if alot of stuff was changed or re-written or changed for some reason last minute. I still think alot of it was Drake asked for time off due to personal issues and the show had to drag it's feet that week and change things (hence why the balance sucked). That is no excuse for the Lexie/Tek stuff which I feel Hogan did drop the ball on but I will forget it if Lexie returns. That is the only way it can be excused in my book and I think she will return very soon. The Sami/Kate stuff wasn't as huge as it should be but I think that was a good thing. I didn't want it overblown or over the top so I was ok with it.

The show has been much better in the last 2 weeks and for the start of this week. It's rebounded quite a bit from that weird week of bad balance and draggy pace.

• Members

I guess it is a matter of taste than not willing to be pleased.

The scene lost a lot of it's impact on my already because even though I should be spoiler free I'm not so I knew it was coming.

But this could have had the same impact as December did esp. to the fans who are spoiler free. I mean this wasn't even promoed. And this is February sweeps. Stefano's return to Salem could have been more intense and shocking to viewers.

I admit that this week is better as far as balance - at least so far - I am like Keith ready for a little break from Chelsea/Nick again. And the quality is good. But as far as excitement it is still a let down right now, and it is made more apparent to people who watch the other shows.

Days has the quality right now - there is no doubting that but the stuff still needs more punch - especially with what the other shows are putting on. I know that GH is the only one doing something big, but the other shows are moving with the murders, the fires, big reveals in stories like Y&R, etc. Days is still good drama but they need a punch and Stefano's return to Salem (not to the show) could have been some punch and excitement.

For months I have been happy with ATWT's quality and the acting (except for Peck) but the stories need punch and I kept saying that. Now I am saying it about Days. Hopefully it is coming.

• Members

A big punch is needed. A big punch is needed for many shows. I watch many just like you and the only that has punch right now is GH IMO. Anyway, I am glad they did not promote Stefano's return. They did that in December and I wish they wouldn't have. I want it like the old days where he pops up and surprises everyone. I was mad that they showed him in the day ahead previews on Friday because I want his reappearing to be under the radar. That is what adds punch IMO.

I am sure we will see Days up the ante soon. I never expect them too during sweeps and I know people will say that sweeps is important but I would rather have Days build for 12 months of good drama rather then 3 months. I am hoping we will see exciting stuff ahead and I think we will.

• Members

About the Sami/Kate showdown lacking punch: It could be that Hogan is not into these big melodramatic confrontations like JER was when Sami or Kate was exposed for their latest scheme. To be honest, I'm glad it wasn't, only because this time, it was stupid. I don't want to see people confronting each other over a beam. That's not compelling drama, and the amount of time spent on questioning Sami about moving the beam was ridiculous.

Archived