The View/Y&R/DH

• Members

Eva Longoria was on today! Did anyone else see it? I'm glad that I did, Rosie asked her about her career before Desperate Housewives and she talked about her Y&R days. She made a comment that she doesn't say soaps are traning ground, because Jeanne Copper once said "What? Am I still in training?"

I love her so much!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rosie asked what she did before DH and Eva mentioned that she did Dragnet and Y&R. Rosie asked if being on the soap was great training and she said yeah but she brought up how Jeanne doesn't like it when it people say soaps are great training because does that mean is she still in training since she has been there so long. I am not sure if that is the exact quote but I thought it was nice that Eva gave her a shout out.

• Members

Not to mention that actors in the daytime bizz are filming 5 eppys per week and have dozens of pages to memorize. I happen to think that it's prlly one of the tougher genres to tackle. Those, like Cooper, who have stuck with it, only deserve that much more recognition.

• Members

I co-sign on the Eva Long-- Longoria (after seeing this interview, I made a challenge to myself to stop referring to her as LongWhoria) comment. It was good that she didn't just pass over Y&R by saying something "I did a soap..." She mentioned it like the legitimate production that it is.

I also hate the "training ground" comments. People in primetime and movies think they're complimenting daytime, but really, they're belittling it and all of the people who work there 10, 25, 30 years.

Archived