AMC: Cady's Last AMC-related blog

• Members

Actually, Ryan, the comment wasn't for you or any mod. Sorry if you thought it was a big deal. All I meant was that we , as fans, in my opinion, owe it to Cady to give her the hit to her site. I wasn't criticizing SON for posting the link. Or you. I just feel that we owe it to the original source to give them the hit. I've only seen Cady's front page so I don't know if it's advertiser-supported or not, but even if it's not, I just personally believe that we shouldn't skew her personal Web site traffic figures by expecting others to post the exact text in another forum. Again, no offense intended. I'm just looking out for Cady. Maybe i'm just especially overprotective of her due to her treatment by ABC.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GO CADY! I totally agree and LOVE her!!!!!!!!!!!! And thi practically confirms what I thought all along: She was fired because she spoke her opinion and it was the truth. Frons, Megan, and Julie didn't like that so they fired her because it's an important actress saying that the story is bad and a character is being destroyed instead of just the fans. Mctavish just used that as an excuse to get out of saying "We don't like you since you criticized my stories."

I don't know anything about how Julia felt, but this might have been why she was inclined to quit too. One thing was she probably didn't want to be on recurring but never appear like Opal, but perhaps, and this is merely speculation, she felt the same way as Cady. I think some actors/actresses hate the writing but they are just too nice to speak out. I appluad Cady for doing this.

• Members

Its is sad that it has gotten to this point, really, no one seems to care where its going.

Megan is just as egotistical as Frons.

Her and Frons don't care about the audience. Its been pretty clear no one at ABC does or like someone said McTavish would have been canned years ago. Probably never re hired in the first place.

I will watch AMC until it physically dies.... I just sort of do out of habit. But Its been dying a slow death for a few years now and Dixie's death really sealed it for me just like the fetus did for Kylie and many others. I have my memories and I treasure them now more than ever. I find myself many times throughout the day thinking back a decade to the stories and am like OMG I wish they would just end the show and replay old storylines. That is what AMC was, a show that took risks, cared what the audience wanted and above all had the right mix of realism and over the topism that made it a truly great icon in terms of soap opera.

I will always remember and treasure that All My Children. This show has in alot of ways shaped my life and helped me through difficult situations. If I ever had a down period, I always had AMC to escape too. Now, the show more often than not frustrates me even more when I am in a down mood because of all the idiotic things going on, on screen and off screen.

Agnes Nixon, you truly did create an icon and I owe you my life for doing that. I don't know where I'd be without AMC. I will always treasure you and the show its self.

LONG LIVE ALL MY CHILDREN

• Members

I really think that All My Children was trying to pull a "24" by killing Dixie off. "24" is notorious for killing off it's veteran characters, and while it may work for the Fox show it certainly doesn't work for a daytime serial like AMC. The characters are different; there are years of investment for soap characters. 24 has been been on for what, 6 years? Sorry, AMC, it was a bad decision. Killing off veteran characters could lead to a short-term increase in the ratings but if you don't have a true emotional story to follow through, then you just wasted your time and sacrificed years of history. Of course Megan and Julia have stated that the story of Dixie will live on in the lives of those she left behind. That's not the story that fans want to see and I think that AMC will realize this very soon.

• Members

Megan was so impressed with coming up with making Tad the torturer and killer, to make Tad/Dixie "even," that she wept at her own brilliance. Literally, she said she did. Cady complained about the story pretty loudly, according to her own words. Does that kind of gel with why the show is like even "dissing" (disrespecting) Dixie (Cady's character) in death?

No question, Megan loved T/D at one time. But McTavish love is dangerous, and she's never seemed to have a long attention span for "adoration" except (unfortunately for us, right now) with the Lavery and the Carey (and fortunately at one time T/D).

Julia Barr, IMO, decided not to stay with the show because the show disrespected her. They were not only disrespecting her with lack of storyline, now they were disrespecting her with only offering her recurring status. IMO, she would have stayed if they offered her a contract. After 30 years of important and incredible service to this show, she probably thought a contract was the least she deserved. And it was.

• Members

And people wondered why I feared her writing any kind of David and Erica scene. Becuase like Rugrat said, MMT's love, or even like of a couple is dangerous. Toxic. Especially when she's under Frons' control.

AMC is doomed. No one believed that a year ago with Josh, but it's true. Our show is done.

• Members

I agree totally. She should get the same respect Susan Lucci gets. A lifetime contract with the show. Even with no storyline, Brooke was still there and you felt her presence. Any episode she was in was a good episode for me because it reminded me of how things once were.

And yes, Megan's love is a dangerous thing. She will ruin your character. Ryan, Bianca.... Kendall and now Tad and Dixie.

At least with no story the character of Brooke is still preserved and intact.

• Members

McTavish's and Frons' arrogance will destroy AMC.

People raked JHC over the coals when Cady was fired and I stood by her. I said then and I'll continue to say now that she was forced to do the dirty work of Frons and McTavish. They had her speak with Cady and they had her (Julie) speak to the media, so she could take the blame for what happened and people fell for it. I can't believe how many "I hate JHC" threads I saw on other boards.

JHC is the last remaining EP with any kind of talent and hope for the future. Frank Valentini is a pawn (and crazy for wanting Mikey Jerome to win SoapStar). JFP is the devil incarnate and should be on her way out. I've loved JHC for years and Cady's entry makes me feel sorry for her, knowing what they did.

Archived