AMC: Cady's Last AMC-related blog

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^I feel the same way now.

At first, I wasn't warm to Annie. But now I am - mainly bc of Emma and her closeness to Emma. Also, Ryan is only tolerable to me when he's with Annie/Emma. Also I don't like Rendall as a romantic couple - so Ryan/Annie work as long as Kendall is out of his orbit romantically.

• Members

Um not really. It was blatantly obvious that Emma was Kate. Dixie is looking for her 4 yr old child that Madden gave away to some couple and at the same time Annie comes to town with a 4 yr old and a connection to Greg Madden. They show a picture of Dixie looking at Emma and then next scene has Emma with Annie. Anyone who's ever watched a soap could put 2 and 2 together. I like that Emma was not Kate. Thats a bigger twist and shicker bc it was so predictable and too easy making her Dixie's long lost child

Ditto. They are the best part of the show for me and I think they have alot of chemistry and love their little family. And yes she does make Ryan tolerable. I no longer hate him and thats a big accomplishment on her part bc Ive hated him ever since he stepped foot in PV

• Members

Well this may part of the reason for the Emma re-write: In his new video at SoapNet (where he is practically having an orgasm over Ryan & Annie), Frons suggests that everyone loved Annie when she first came on, then didn't like her as much when they thought she might have Emma!

• Members

See the results I mentioned previously of the focus group where every one of them was disappointed that Emma wasn't Kate, Tad and Dixie were very popular as a couple and as individual characters and Ryan and Annie were not. Obviously that wasn't just in the focus group either. Does anyone really believe that overall AMC viewers would have been as upset and angered if Annie had been murdered by the Serial Killer instead of Dixie? The problem as usual was the writing - they made Annie out to be the perfect mother who Emma adores and worships and they turned Tad and Dixie into a couple of nutcases. However, from what I have read, the general viewing audience still cared more about Tad and Dixie and their 18 year yearning for a baby girl then some bland new character who wasn't connected to anyone.

• Members

I agree Ryan but basically I think they already have. I don't recognize any character on this show anymore and I've watched for almost twenty-five years, since I was a kid of eight. I am still pissed and angry but think I am mostly sad more than anything. I feel like I am watching a member of my family die and am helpless to stop it. Soaps should provide heartbreak and happiness not just the former. That is all AMC is giving me currently. I think its why I only enjoy watching the show when the little girls are on. They seem to truly be the only happy characters on it.

Archived