What soap moment did you cry the hardest during?

• Members

* When Alice Horton announced that Tom was "gone."

* When Bo collapsed in Alice's arms on her back porch after Hope "died" on Ernesto's island.

* When Bo cried on the beach after Stefano shot Roman. (my ALL-TIME favorite!)

* When Maggie had to say goodbye to Janice.

* When Marlena had to say goodbye to Johnny and Mickey wouldn't let her run.

* When Maggie finally sat in Mickey's chair and finally accepted his "death" (while he was being held prisoner by Stefano).

* When Maggie was "murdered" by the Salem Stalker.

* When Marlena found Alice in the closet and later "murdered" her.

* When Todd Chandler died after Liz sang to him in the hospital.

* When Belle was returned to Marlena on Christmas Eve.

* When Roman walked out on Marlena after she groveled at his feet.

* When Marlena "died" in the plane crash.

* When Marlena and Roman (John) reunited on the pier.

* When Isabella's friends and family finished watching her video and realized that she had slipped out of the room and left Salem to die.

* When Shane left Salem and Kimberly told him that there would always be a part of her that still loved him.

* When Hope professed her love to Bo while she was suspended over the vat of acid ("I want you to tell Shawn-Douglas that his mommy loves him").

* When Marlena "realized" that John was Roman and reunited with him in West Virginia.

* When Billie realized Bo still loved Hope but had to have time to realize it for himself, then did the noble thing and left Salem. Even though Bo was such an idiot at that time, the scene between Peter Reckell and Lisa Rinna at the airport was awesome.

* When Steve "died" and Kayla had her flashbacks on the roof of the loft (the music was "Goodbye, my friend . . . ").

Man, I have shed so many tears for people who never really died -- Alice, Maggie, Jack, Hope, Caroline, Roman, Abe, Marlena, Steve.

In fact, who hasn't been presumed dead on the show?

1. Alice was presumed dead after being "murdered" by the Stalker.

2. Mickey was presumed dead after "dying" in a plane crash (Stefano held him captive in Venezuela).

3. Maggie was presumed dead after being "murdered" by the Stalker.

4. Caroline was presumed dead after being "murdered" by the Stalker and then was presumed killed in the tsunami.

5. Roman faked his death to go undercover and nab the Slasher. Then Stefano "killed" him. Then he returned to Salem and faked his death while going undercover and wearing stupid disguises. Then he "died" off camera, and Shane Donovan verified his death. Then he returned and was later "killed" by the Stalker. He was really alive, but "died" in a tsunami. Oops -- he's alive again!

6. Kate was presumed dead after her plane crashed and she was trapped on that nasty fishing boat.

7. Abe was presumed dead after being "murdered" by the Stalker.

8. Chelsea was presumed dead after she was stillborn. (Don't get me started.)

9. Wasn't Bo presumed dead when the Torres family had kidnapped him? This was right before Robert Kelker-Kelly assumed the role. Maybe they didn't think he was dead. Can't remember.

10. Lexie faked her death under Brash & Cwikly, and we all doubt she's dead now. But Sami thinks she is.

11. Victor faked his death to get revenge on Bo and Carly, then ran away to Mexico and was chained to a wall by Stefano. Later, he faked his death long enough to spook Kate. Then Jan Spears "killed" him, but he wasn't really dead. However, Tony whisked him away to Melaswen. He was rescued but "died" in the tsunami. Now he's alive and well again.

12. Steve "died" after Nick caused an explosion intended for Bo. Lawrence then ordered the doctor to poison Steve. Of course, we saw the casket switch but didn't know why for 16 years. It was so E.J. could torture him before E.J. was even born???

13. Marlena was "murdered" by the Strangler, but it wasn't really her. It was Samantha! Then her house blew up, but Orpheus had her. She was rescued, but "perished" in a plane crash. Stefano had faked her death and kept her in a coma in San Cristobal. She returned to Salem and "died" after a failed exorcism. Then she was alive again until she turned into the Stalker and was shot through the heart on the roof of the jail. She survived even that, but "died" in a tsunami. And now she's alive and well again.

14. And, last but not least, Stefano DiMera "died" of a heart attack while Renee was visiting him in jail. He was really alive and returned as the Phoenix. He tried to blow up the concert hall and was evading the police with Alex Marshall's help when his car ended up in the Salem River and he "drowned." He survived that, too, but then was gunned down by Marlena and "perished" in the fire at the ice-skating show while trying to get his hands on the prism. But then he was alive again and taunted Roman (John), saying that Marlena was alive. He escaped unharmed, but only after Benjy turned against him. He popped up again in Mexico in order to retrieve the codices John and Lawrence were fighting over. He made a misstep and fell into a hole, where he "burned to death." The ISA confirmed his death with dental records. Then JER brough him back to Salem as Kristen and Peter's adoptive father. He faked his death to stop John from breaking up Kristen's wedding to Tony, then slipped away to Maison Blanche. After he was discovered, he terrorized everyone some more, then was "killed" in the same explosion that killed Rachel Blake. But he survived that, too. After fleeing Salem, he crashed his car in Monte Carlo and "died" with Tony at his side. His "ashes" even made it to Salem. But then Tony started talking to him on the phone. And yet Tony also kept Stefano's corpse (dressed very well, I might add). And now Stefano is alive but not well, wasting away in an Italian hospital. But there's hope, because a cure is on the way.

All those wasted tears . . .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jens death on CREEK made me lose it. like i had no control. as if my sister had died or something. for like an hour i was just sobbing.

other than that...

when austin left samik at the alter in vegas

when jen was killed on oltl

when cassie died on yr

maggie killed on days

zander died on gh

when lucky "died" in the fire

• Members

Steve's "death" on Days...the week leading up to it through to Kayla

on the loft roof remembering her love story with Steve (set to the song

"Goodbye my Friend"), and the funeral.

It almost felt like I had lost a friend there, for a while. I only watched it when

it aired...since then I watched bits and pieces since, or tried...but I seem to

have to stop right when Marcus is in the chapel, begging God not to let

his brother die. I have seen a lot of the scenes

in mvids. I even made an mvid that included some clips (which

I muted, LOL). I still won't watch it alll the way through.

• Members

Gillian's death on AMC. Cam Mathison blew me away. I felt absolutely everything that Ryan did. My heart actually broke wtih him. :( Leo's death was painful too. But more so it was the standoff and him going over the falls that got me.

That clips that I've seen of Zach's death on Days always get me. OMG.

I remember this one scene on Passions right after Timmy died and Charity got his heart, where Tabby went in to see Charity, and like kinda laid her head over Charity's heart. I bawled. :(

• Members

Well, guesss you covered everything for me with this show! Now I don't have to write anything for Days! :lol:

But I must some:

Y&R: John's death week, which was the last story that had any really deep, emotional meaning.

And two from prime time:

Dallas: When Jim Davis has passed away the year befoe, they waited until the next season to kill his character, Jock Ewing, off in a tragic helicopter crash. That entire episode was just wonderful, and the acting by everyone was stellar.

Bobby Ewing's death after saving Pamela from getting run over by her sister, Katherine. Even though it was a dream, and Duffy returned a year later, it still ranks as one of the best death scenes in soap history. Too bad it was all messed up later.

• Members

Steve's death, from clips.

Hope's death over the vat of acid and her monologue to Bo.

Jen's goodbye to Alice this past year. Frances Reid is so weak.

JT's goodbye.

Zach's death.

Chelsea telling Belle she envies her.

Steve remembers Stephanie.

• Members

OLTL:

Megans Death, It was so heart breaking.

Daniel killing Jen as Riley read Jen's letter.

Luna's death

GH:

Stone's death

BJ dying

AMC:

Dixie death, All involved had me crying. All the flashbacks of Dixie's life.

That's all I can think of right now.

• Members

Jenna's death on Guiding Light is the only time I bawled.

And lil bit when the Reva Clone was dying.

And a lil bit when Hope & Bo had to give JT away.

That's it. Like others have said, soap deaths just don't do it for me anymore. Maybe I'm just not as invested in the shows anymore. Or maybe it's because the dead can always rise again.

Archived