What soap moment did you cry the hardest during?

• Members

For me it was when Cassie died on Y&R. At that time I wasn't reading spoilers and didn't know much about the comings and goings on Y&R so i had do idea she was actually going to die. The scenes were done so well and it was so sad. Amazing work by all the actors/actresses involved.

I wasn't crying that hard at first but someone came into my room and saw me. (I was still living at home at the time) My brother started laughing at me and called everyone upstairs to look at me. I was trying to stop and it just made it worse and I started to full fledge cry out of control. I still get teased about it today when I visit my family and I watch soapnet while I am there they start yelling at me to not cry.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The biggest cry comes probably whenever I watch DJ's death (DAYS). Or her reaction after the rape.

- Marlena's "death" in 1987.

- The Pier Reunion.

- Alexis walking into the house for the first time after seeing Ric and Sam having sex. Nancy Lee Grahn is just phenomenal.

• Members

I cry all the time, LOL.

I cried and cried and cried when Megan Harrison died on OLTL. I taped that whole week on my VCR, and I would rewatch that scene over and over in the months that followed. There was this lovely music playing, and Jake was holding Megan as they looked out the window at their tree (which he had brought over to the hospital courtyard). I remember that he was talking to her, and suddenly her head fell over, but he kept talking. And then you saw her hand go limp, and the paper heart (or something) fell out of it. Talk about sobbing!

I also cried when Marty Saybrooke was raped by three different men, and no one could hear her cry.

I cried when Jen Rappaport was smothered by Daniel Colson as her letter to Riley was read over the action.

Erika Slezak has made me cry many times! I cried so hard when Viki met Tess on the docks, one of the most powerful scenes in recent memory.

I cried when Tess said goodbye to Nash.

I cried when Todd and Blair made love on August 25th, 2006.

• Members

Cassie's death was and still is hard to watch. I get choked up. I was so hoping she was going to pull through and that is what sent me on a search for spoilers and how I found message boards. I was devestated.

I cried recently when Dixie died. I am still trying to figure out why I was a basket case. I liked Dixie but by no means loved her. I think it was the flashbacks and You are my sunshine. Other than that, it has just been moments that choke me up, not really bringing me to tears.

• Members

Y&R

Cassie's Death Hands Down was brutal for me. Mostly because she was a little child, who I watched grow up on screen that was HARD.

Moments during John Abbott's death.

When John Abbott went to jail. THAT was sad.

Ryan's death

there's more but these wil do...

• Members

The last death I cried over was Ada's on Another World.

I teared up a little at Lila's on GH.

None at Phoebe's on AMC because they played it off more comedy for me.

The day of Hal's memorial moved me on ATWT.

As to other deaths of characters none of them have moved me to tears in years. I know that even with Zach on Days or any of them the deaths will be undone by someone down the road.

The last time I have really cried was the day that Another World went off the air.

And this comes from someone who cries really easy. Little House on the Prairie gets me every time I watch it.

Soaps just don't move me with deaths anymore. I think the last character that died (and the actor didn't) that I actually cried was DJ's death on Days. It may have been a few after that but he is the last one I really remember.

• Members

I cried when Lauren and Maggie kidnapped Sheila and kept her in Psycho House then taunted her with holograms to drive her insane.

I also cried when Sheila tried to kill herself by jumping off the roof after she realised James had married her to get Mary.

I had tears in my eyes when Sheila saw that she shot Taylor by accident, and looked horrified.

I cried when Ryan and kEITH Dennison conspired to section Tricia.

I cried on ATWT when Julia miscarried Jack's baby alone in their living room after months of being hounded by Carly's verbal abuse.

I cried when Skye found out she wasnt a Chandler and was raging at Adam and Rae.

Fiona Hutchison's performance as Gabrielle on One Life when she found out her boy Al was dead.

• Members

DAYS----Isabella's death. But even more than the death itself was when she left the loft for the last time. She walked around, touching things, just looking sad, and you knew she was saying good-bye to her life there. Also, when Bo and Hope lost JT--I think I went through a half box of tissues. And Zach's death, of course.

• Members

Only time I've ever cried over a soap is when Laura faded about two months ago.

I did get really sad when Barbara told Jennifer how she had lost Johnny, back when Jenn was first told her baby had died.

Soap deaths don't move me. I'm too busy nitpicking at what the people are wearing, whose tears look fake, who looks ugly when they cry and such...

Archived