OLTL Discussion: Week of February 5th

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hated the justifying the rape line. I enjoyed the Blair and Marty scenes. I also think Langston and Starr are great. As I said the other day, NuMarty isn't my favorite character, but I don't understand all the hate of her. I could see it if Susan Haskell had been fired and then replaced. The woman voluntarily left the show, the other one just took a job. She's not the bad. Jerry VerDorn, Bree Williamson, Trevor St. John and any actor who has played Joey since Nathal Fillon a decade ago has had to put up with this.

I very much enjoyed the all too brief Nash and Jess scenes they have great chemistry.

ONce again Antonio was condescending to Jessica and their total lack of any type chemistry bleeds through their scenes. Those two have got be one of the worst couples every created for a soap opera.

I didn't watch the Natalie and John stuff, but do look forward to both of them going away. I think Talia is a good addition to the show. I thought Blair was unreasonable, but for the first time in a long time, she was Blair.

Anyway, all-in-all a good show.

• Members

Well, good, because that's what Higley wants you to do, and that's why she puts the words in Blair's mouth: so that you will hate her. Nice job, Higley.

Blair knows how much Starr cares about her father, and she tries to respect that. Compare that to Todd, who will trash Blair at any possible moment when they are not getting along. Also notice how Starr will tell her mother she hates her during every other episode, but would never dare say those words to her father. I'm sure that really makes Blair feel good.

No, Blair isn't all that "great," but unlike most of the hypocritical, sanctimonioius characters on this show, she knows it, and she doesn't pretend. They can try to whitewash Todd's actions all they want (not going to work), but they will never try to whitewash Blair's, because they want us to hate her. It's to KDP's credit that Blair has some of the most loyal, devoted fans in daytime in spite of her actions and history.

• Members

Well, I haven't liked Blair in years... so Higley didn't just start me with my hate of her.

It has more to do with the never ending cycle that is her and Todd. They have gotten beyond annoying, because it's the same ol' things with her and him... So, I would respect and maybe even like her more if she was actually doing something for herself and Starr and Jack that doesn't involve Todd's silly self. Like the whole thing with her, David, and Kevin starting Craze was interesting; then it became about Todd, and the Todd and the Margaret mess, then it was Spencer (which linked back to Todd), then it was Spencer and Todd. That just makes her look even less appealing to me.

• Members

I loved shirtless Rex!

Viki and Clint was nice, with an intrusion by Dorian. Dorian is coming across pettier than usual, because she so obviously doesn't want Clint for any reason other than to annoy Vik.

I like seeing Nora back in legal mode and so annoyed with all of the jackasses around her!

Bo was cool, but if he is so annoyed at Antonio and Van for defending Cris, then why the hell does he not use the same "iron fist" when it comes to John.

I thought Melissa Archer's performance today was very moving, and I haven't thought that in quite some time.

• Members

I am not liking Dorian much any more. This whole thing with Clint is to get back at Viki and nothing more, it is petty and annoying. The moment we start getting some nice Viki and Clint they always end up getting interrupted by you know who, it is getting old and dumb.

I hope next time Clint takes Viki out they go somewhere real private so that no one can break up their fun.

What of Antonio's got burnt down? That was a new twist.

I also liked Nora being Nora again. Hopefully they will have Nora and Viki friends again.

• Members

The Viki and Clint stuff was great in the beginning, I liked how he was with her, and how annoyed she was that he brought her down to the stables or better yet had Nigel direct here there. But once she chnaged into her "Cowboy" gear Viki seemed to ease up a bit, but then it was like she did a turn around when they finished their ride and was walking the horses, talking. I just didn't feel Viki in that one scene, and I got so irrated because I know the woman has feelings for Clint, but then I went back and watched it again, and enjoyed it more the 2nd go round. I want Viki to open up more where Clint is concerned.

And of course Dorian had to go and ruin it, because I think if she didn't we would have gotten more of Viki opening up a bit more. And the way Dorian was acting and what she was saying was so petty, and vindictive. She's coming off as nothing but a jealous shrew, its hard to watch Dorian these days. And I thought she was sincere with Adriana UNTIL she made it clear she was only doing this to get Adriana back. Doesn't the woman learn that all of her plans come back and bite her in the rear?

Really enjoyed the Natalie and John stuff....it was something they needed to put out in the open and I liked that even though both were hurt, they were able to at least try and work things out. I know it won't last but for once in a while I enjoyed their scenes.

Could care less about the Cris is being framed thing, and how self-rightous Antonio and Vangie are being in the whole matter. Loved Nora in telling them about their egos.

Loved the Rex and Bo.

• Members

It looks to me that Viki is scared of having feelings for Clint. She isn't sure of what to do, so gets irritated, but I think it is because she does have feelings for Clint, and when they are alone he finally gets her to relax and ease up and she opens up. But today again they got the third wheel. Dorian is really pathetic to me these days. I just don't like the woman. I would like to see a lot more of Viki and Clint though. They are just beginning, I would hate to see them get ended before they even start. BTW, this new doctor testing with Viki, is he a contract role or recurring and when does he start airing? I look forward to more Viki and Clint, but I hope it is of them alone so that they actually start moving forward. Viki did at least agree to another date with him, that is a good sign.

• Members

I don't get all of the NuMarty hate either. Christina Chambers, IMHO, is doing a good job as Marty. I really like her a lot. I'd rather have Susan Haskell in the role, but since she turned it down, I don't blame ONE LIFE for re-casting. I like Starr & Cole as a couple as well. Brandon Buddy(Cole) who was pretty bad when he started, is improving, and IMHO has done a good job in the last month. He must be taking acting classes.

That's Beth Ann Bonner playing Talia Sahid. She's on contract. She came in 3rd on this past season's I WANNA BE A SOAPSTAR.

• Members

Hi, Mulder! I agree with you and Jess that fans are unnecessarily hard on recasts. I was never that way with Bree or Trevor, like a lot of people were. My issue with Christina is not that she is a recast Marty, but simply that I don't think she is all that talented. However, I have found her to be improving somewhat, and she did okay in yesterday's scenes. I like her somewhat, but I am reserving judgment until she's been around for a while.

• Members

GO VIKI! It's so nice to see Viki cut loose and let her real feelings out. I heart you, Erika Slezak.

Does anyone have a theory on this arson storyline? There is no OBVIOUS answer, which is so unlike Higley LOL. Unless I am being stupid. Anyway, the one thing I enjoy about said storyline is Nora back in action at the station, making wise cracks and interacting with everybody. I forgot how much I missed that woman.

LOL ... must be a slow day at the hospital if Paige and Michael are both needed to tend to Viki's sprain!

Archived