B&B: Ronn's thoughts about Darlene

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was sad, but good to hear! I'm going to really miss seeing Darlene on my tv screen. :( Sally and the Spectra gang were always my favorites on this show, but in recent years we haven't got much of them. That made their little appearances even more special. I hope the show does the character justice in the end.

• Members

Awe. I'm so sad right now!!!!

We should all tell Darlene stories, our favorite memories of the legend!! She was wonderful!

My favorite memory is just her overall spunk, my great-granny got me hooked on soaps and that was right around the time B&B debuted!! Sally was loud and fun, full of life and she reminded me so much of my granny and when she was on my screen I saw her and was always reminded of her!! Good-bye sweet Darlene!

• Members

I loved her as Rose Deville on Y&R. It was pure Y&R classic TV. Darlene was so good as Rose. She played off very well with Tricia Cast...ex-Nina. I wish I could see a clip. I remember when she was tied up in a bed. I think Nina and Cricket tied her up but am not 100% sure.

• Members

"Within about 10 minutes, she was gone. I stayed for what seemed the longest time just holding her hand and stroking her head. As other people started filing into the room they would ask if she was gone. I said yes. I knew she left because I felt her pass through me as she left. I know it might seem far-fetched to some of you, but I know what I felt. It took my breath away for a moment. It was the most amazing feeling. I didn't feel sad. I felt elated. I felt blessed to have been the one she chose to share that moment with."

Amazing. I have no words.

• Members

Wow. I applaud Ron's strength and courage in writing that. There's no doubt in saying that Darlene will be surely, sorely missed. I wish the best for all those who knew and loved her. I pray that God will grant a special piece of Darlene to remainn within those people. Because when they feel cold, hopeless, alone...they can draw from what she has taught them in life. Never let life get you down. Let it lift you. Rejoice in it and take whole the fruits of it.

May her spirit never die.

• Members

Everytime I think of D. Conley, I think of how she was wasted for years on by Bradley Bell on B&B. What a shame. I don't think of the great actress that she was, I think: a wasted, great actress. Thank u, Mr. Incest-Obsessed B. Bell! :angry:

I loved how Conley would pronounce "Amber". :lol:

• Members

That was touching. I loved loved loved Darlene as Sally Spectre, she really brought herself to the role. Thanks to Ron for sharing that, it was so nice to read, just lets you know that the human spirit is enduring.

It reminds me of this quote I remember hearing from TLC's Left Eye before she passed. "Energy never dies, it just transcends."

Rest in Peace Darlene. You earned it.

• Members

I don't think it is appropriate to turn a thread about remembering a beloved actress who has passed away into a B&B/Bradley Bell bash.

Amen. That was a beautiful post in tribute to a truly classy lady. Makes you think her spirit lives on.

Archived