PASSIONS: TV Guide Article reveals sex of secret lover...

• Members

Who knew there were any more envelopes for "Passions" to push? On February 2, it'll be revealed that the show's very married heartthrob Chad has a male lover on the side. Viewers have known for months that he's been trysting with someone in a seedy motel.

But not even Divins figured it was a dude. "I knew the revelation would be shocking, but I thought it would turn out to be Pilar," he says, referring to the soap's saintly Mexican matriarch.

The plot mirrors one of Oprah's hot topics -- how supposedly straight African-American men go on the "down low" and have secret gay sex. What will this do to Chad, who has been a "Passions" hero since 1999? Won't the character's deceit and willingness to jeopardize the health of his wife, Whitney, pretty much ruin his popularity with the fans?

"We'll have to see how it plays out," notes an oddly optimistic Divins. "Chad loves his wife, so in his heart this isn't a deception. He is not in love with this other guy. He's addicted to the sex."

The identity of Chad's bed buddy is revealed on February 27. No date yet for the ultimate TiVo moment -- the day Whitney finds out!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brooke Kerr will MURDER this scenes. Just like she did with the hotel scenes opposite REALFox.

LOL at Divins thinking it would be "Pilar."

I wonder who JER will pull out of his ass for shock value....SPIKE? CHRIS? NOAH?

Ethan would be hillarious as 'secret lover'!

• Members

Me and many saw this. His lines just show you he was with a man.

I'm not sure if it's Jared though....I'm really on the fence with this one.

Hmm, I thought this was gonna be revealed Friday.....but this worsens things IMO. I don't want Whitney to be kept in the dark for even more months than she already has.

• Members

Wow...no surprise here :rolleyes::lol: .

Passions really is keeping a lid on the details though. It better not be Jared because it would make no sense and would be too predictable.

I have a feeling it's Spike but, if they for some reason decide to shock us, maybe it could be Noah.

Oh, and I thought we were finding out on Friday? They said there would be a scandulous reveal on Feb 2nd? They better not drag this out.

• Members

Spike, Noah, Jared... any of these three will make me yawn, because I don't know ANY of them. They came on after I stopped watching regularly, so I don't care about any of 'em. And I really don't even care about Divins as Chad, but... hey. I'm all for some homo action, even if it is just shock value.

Archived