Guiding Light: SOD spoilers

• Members

SOD

from ljack13@Sweetest Taboo THE JAMMY BOARD

– February 2, 2007 issue

Jonathan “Dies” On GL

A speedy pursuit of Alan turns deadly when Jonathan’s car crashes into a ravine and explodes as Reva and Alan look on in horror.

It all begins when a grieving Jon blames Alan for Tammy’s death. “He just wants to kill Alan.” Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan) explains. “{But} as emotional as Jonathan is, he’s also intelligent and realizes that it’s going to be a losing battle.”

Alan unexpectedly shows up at Tammy’s funeral and afterward, Jon recklessly races after his car – with Sarah in the backseat. “Alan doesn’t know the baby’s in there,” says Ron Raines (Alan). “All of a sudden, {Jonathan} disappears out of the rearview mirror and the next thing we know, he’s gone off a cliff!”

Alan and Reva are in shock when Jonathan and Sarah are presumed dead. “There’s lots of anger and hurt,” says Raines. “He feels like it’s all just falling apart,” Alan is hauled into the police station for questioning about his involvement in Tammy’s death and fears he might be put behind bars for good.

“It’s not leaving people hanging,” Pelphrey says of Reva Shayne-style exit. “It’s rough ending, but we’re finishing this out strong. It’s so exciting.”

Reva and Jonathan share a highly emotional day on Thursday, February 1

Cassie goes after Alan with all her might on Friday, February 2

Dinah comes to Remy’s aid, catching Mallet off-guard on Monday, February 5.

Spoilers

Sky-high Daisy takes matters into her own hands.

Lizzie plans to show the world that she’s a force to be reckoned with.

Doris turns the tables on Alan she offers him a deal.

SOD Summary for the rest of the week

In denial, Jon tries to keep Father Ray from reading Tammy her last rites and begs for him to ask God to save her. As Jon kisses her, she reminds him that he has Sarah now; then she slips away. Everyone is devastated by the heartbreaking loss. Cassie says good-bye, them immediately focuses on the arrangements that need to be made, deciding to bury Tammy in her wedding dress. She finally breaks down.. Jon confronts Alan, calling him a murderer, and is dragged away. He stares at his wedding ring, gathers everything that’s flammable and starts a fire.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In a lot of cultures they do bury younger women all in white or in their wedding dress...I've heard about that, and I've seen it on the news, but I've never actually been to a funeral where a dead woman was in a wedding dress..and I don't think it's a cultural thing in this case, it's just that Tammy was probably happiest on that day, and she looked beautiful and they want to remember her that way.

I know Tom's leaving so if he has to go, I'm ok with it being this way, as long as he's not really dead, and he just faked his and Sarah's deaths to get away from Alan.

Alan will suffer...and that's fine by me. Maybe the people closest to Jonathan (Reva, Cassie - even Beth now that I saw that scene in the church - wow) can know that Sarah and Jonathan are still alive.

• Members

Wow it is definitely going to be some emotional stuff.

I sure hope this brings the ratings back up. The ratings have scared me lately. They did so well at the conclusion of Reva's cancer story but have just dropped lower and lower even though the show has been pretty good. This is the most exciting the show has been in awhile. So hopefully with Jonathan & Tammy's wedding and then thier deaths they can build back up.

I just hope they have something good coming to build on.

• Members

There's no way Jonathan and Sarah are actually going to be dead. This just smacks of faked death (not that TP will ever come back to GL anyway). Anyway, I actually don't think it's that bad of an ending. It's such a Jonathan/Reva thing to do, and it's more excitement than we've been getting the last couple months.

• Members

Well that goes without saying in the modern day of soaps. No one is ever dead in soap land anymore.

The last really true deaths in soap land have been Hal Muson on ATWT, Lila Quartermain on GH, Phoebe on AMC, and Tom Horton on Days. And even those are not safe. With the nature of soaps these days I am just waiting for someone to come along and undo one of them.

Even now when people die of natural causes they don't really die.

With soaps the way they are today even Tammy is not dead and Jennifer on ATWT can still show up.

All they have to do is say that Alan stole Tammy's body and faked her death or James Stenbeck faked Jennifer's death. And fans will forgive it and go on especially if the old performer is brought back.

The producers have said that they can do whatever they want these days and it is true. We let them rapidly age characters that is so stupid and we overlook it because we like the performer. They do these stupid deaths resurrections and oh it doesn't matter because we liked that performer. So they are right they can do anything.

• Members

At first, I ignored the bracket and was going, "WTF? Jonathan's going to die, too???"

Thank God he's just faking it. It might be a Reva copycat but those two are a lot alike. Can I really say I'm surprised. I'm really excited to see this stuff play out. I wanna see Alan in pain.

I'm also really excited to see Tammy's funeral. She's going to be in her wedding dress? I like it! It's fitting since she did make the biggest sacrifice on her own wedding day.

Archived