Y&R Discussion: Week of January 22nd

• Members

I didn't have a problem with the line either. I love when the stuff that comes out of their mouths sounds more like what would come out normal people's mouths.

I think sometimes the writers go way overboard in trying to make everything so witty, or to make it Shakespearish.

I remember a few months back hearing a couple talking and saying stuff like I would go to the end of the world and back for you and other stuff like that. It was so fake. I mean there is not hardly any couple in real life that talks to each other like that.

Soaps are "SUPPOSED" to be a slice of life - at least that is what they used to be. I don't want complete reality but I want to be able to relate to the characters too.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I do. Let's just say that his "centerfold" picture that Y&R had him do for the story all those years ago - provided lots of use and lots of entertainment. LOL

I think he is actually sexier now than when he first started on the show. As I said earlier I think over the years he has just gotten better. And him as a person I like too. He has such a good and even wicked sense of humor.

• Members

Yes it was a Bill Bell story. Lauren took the photo and entered it in a contest. I can still still see Paul's mother's face when she first saw it. The picture was very hot.

I wish I could find the lighter copy of this but this is the only copy I have of it. And there aren't any posted on the Internet either.

DougDavidson.jpg

• Members

I am just so glad Paul has finally gotten a story again and getting some love - even it is short term.

The character of Paul has seen so many firsts in daytime:

He was the first character to give another character a sexually transmitted disease. He gave Nikki VD. (at least according to my trivia book)

He was the first male to show his naked butt on screen. Tried to find the year, but couldn't. I think it was in a love scene with Lauren and he got up and walked away from the bed.

And he was the first male character and so far the only male character to have a flatulence problem and discuss it.

Archived