GL: Week of Jan 15-19

• Members

I don't care what anyone says, I simply adore these two. :)

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. I think the fact that it was a small and spontaneous ceremony was fitting. I loved the wedding vows...not very typical but unique to this couple. Itwas funny when Tammy was going on about how she wasn't supposed to fall in love with Jonathan because he was "angry, rude, - " and Jonathan was like, "Okay, I get the picture". :lol: I also thought it was great continuity by having him promise that he was going to obey Tammy this time around since that's one thing he said he couldn't promise her during his fake wedding vows before the blackout way back when.

Jonathan thanking Tammy for saving him and loving him...that scene was so good. These two are definitely this generation's version of Luke & Laura, IMO.

Great acting all around by TP, SG, and NF (she actually had tears in her eyes!). :o

When Lizzie came over to Alan's, there was something really chilling about that scene. I don't know if it was the music or the way they shot that scene with Alan staring out the glass by the doors and all we could see was Lizzie's back as she approached the door or both.

Damn..Cal died??? I liked him. :(

I think GL's going to be really good in the next few days. I can't believe no else has made a peep about this show all week.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I adore them too, Junkie.

Tammy was so happy and Jonathan was actually calm for once, accepting that he does deserve happiness. Not even Lizzie could spoil their brief joy.

I've already gotten teary over next week. :( I'm gonna like a baby when I watch those scenes.

I hope Tom/Steph have incredible success in their future endeavors. Part of me even hopes they're secretly involved in reall ife but that's neither here nor there.

Thanks again for the Wind among the Reeds link. I've been getting videos every chance I get.

Are you still gonna watch when they leave? Because I'm done. None of the other characters interest me. Expecially not a cartoonish Alan or wallpaper Ava.

• Members

I am still going to watch. On soaps characters and actors come and go. The show does not revolve soley around two characters.

I still enjoy all the characters on the show, Buzz, Alan, Olivia, Josh, Reva, Dinah..the list goes on.

The show will be fine without the two that are leaving. Best of luck to both.

I find it simply hard to believe that anyone would watch a show with 20 some characters, only for two of them? And I mean that for anyone, not just Q-Steph.

• Members

I just became immersed in the Jammy saga. I can't explain since they're cousins (half cousins) which is disgusting when you think about it, but they're a guilty pleasure. They just captured my attention in a way the other characters & stories didn't.

I'll be over their departure by Feb. sweeps, but for right now, I'm bummed out.

I like Dinah but GT is being wasted in this stupid LAW storyline and I've overdosed on Reva.

• Members

I got tearyeyed during the vows! :( They were so heartfelt and genuine.

Well..there have been rumours so whether you choose to believe them or not is another thing. They have been keeping pretty mum about their personal relationships.

You're welcome. I remember last summer when all my favourites on ATWT were leaving and I happened to stumble upon an article in SOD raving about the chemistry Tom Pelphrey & Stephanie Gatschet had. So I found a Jammy board and started downloading clips like crazy and couldn't believe I hadn't watched earlier. Those two had chemistry from the start and their story was original and a kind of dark that you don't see much on soaps anymore.

Yeah, probably although it definitely won't be the same anymore. I think this is going to answer Kwing's question. I love GL as a whole but unfortunately, I don't love every character. I could care less about Ava's romantic entanglements, I can't stand Reva, Dinah used to be interesting and now I find her either boring or annoying, etc. Jammy didn't have the best stories in the past year but to capture the kind of love these two characters had and make me believe it is definitely something. When the writing was great, they were must-see TV for me.

As for other characters, I love Nicole Forester's Cassie so I'm definitely going to keep watching for her. I also love Michael Dempsey but unfortunately, Alan-Michael is getting paired with the most snobbish character ever. I'm also curious to see what they do with Lizzie and the rest of the 20-somethings.

• Members

Bumping this up to include my comments on today's show.

I had an overall sad feeling just watching this episode. Jammy got to be truly happy for a few days and now it's going to end just like that. It's so Romeo & Juliet. :(

I don't know how they'll be able to redeem Alan at this point. What a psychotic, heartless human being (right up there with Gillepsie and Lizzie's pretty close). I hope Beth leaves his sorry a-- while he rots in jail, or better yet, I hope Jonathan rips the guy to shreds.

The previews! :o Who ever shot those scenes did a great job! We actually see Tammy pushing Jonathan away and getting hit by the car. in slow-motion. It looks soo...real. Aww, man..I get so SAD just thinking about it. :(

• Members

I'm not happy about it either. It's so sad. Their last scene together was so happy and they were anticipating a great future together. Knowing what was going to happen made that scene hard to watch. That was their last scene before the hit and run and before Tammy's going to be dying. That's it. No more happy, sweet scenes. Now it's all saddness and death.

Alan needs to be punished. I hope Lizzie gives Jonathan custody and tells him to take Sarah as far away from Alan as possible.

• Members

Heads up to people. GL has the cover for the Feb. 6 issue of SID (how long has it been since they got a cover. I think Reva was the last one). They have a really good interview with SG and TP.

Man..I've been tearing up lately. :( Is that normal?? Haha...I usually don't get this sad over watching a soap. :lol:

• Members

I'm the same way, Junkie. I like to have a healthy disassociation from my soaps because it's not real, but this pierces. Must be good soap opera.

I've started to watch Titanic, comparing it to Jammy. It was so sad when Jack died os that Rose could live. I was wondering, couldn't Jonathan have been the one to die? Tammy has been saving his azz for years. Oh well.

It'll be a sad week.

Jonathan needs to straight up snatch Sarah and leave. It sickens me how he's playing nice with this troll.

Junkie, I got the SID magazine. SG/TP talk about leaving the show and some of the frustrations felt over the past few moths. Steph uses the word "funk" and Tom agrees.

I choose to believe the SG/TP rumors. I don't care if Tom denied them. :)

Hope to see them on movie screens soon.

• Members

Does anyone know Stephanie's and Tom's last day? SOW had pictures of Tom's going away party and Stephanie wasn't there so I guess she was gone already? I'm not sure but it seems weird that she not be there - even if she wasn't working.

• Members

Yeah, I haven't felt this sad watching any soap in a while. Most Jammy fans are reeling with this exit story but I find it riveting and I'm more than certain that GL is going to get some Emmy noms out of this.

I've come to hate "Titanic" :lol: but yeah, it's pretty close except...Jammy have known each other far longer than 4 days and they've been through more crap together. I don't think this would have been as sad if Jonathan had died. As a fan of the character, I'd be sad but Tammy was a good character and like you said, she's been saving his behind for years...she definitely didn't deserve this. And the idea that Jonathan's "light" getting extinguished is sad in itself.

I LOVE the exit interview! It seemed like SG was trying to be nice about that mess of a story and then TP just gets straight to the point and admits he was frustrated. :lol:

Someone actually asked??? :o When???

TPTB over at GL have been keeping really hush-hush about final airdates so who know?

As for the song, I heard last year that it was going on ITunes but I'm not sure if it actually did.

Archived