Strangers with Candy

KLN

• Members

8739058.jpg

I've posted about this show before, and no one ever seems to know what the hell I'm talking about.

Perhaps it's because the show was so low-rated, or because the show aired on Comedy Central.

Whatever the case, it was awesome. It starred the hilarious Amy Sedaris as Jerri Blank, a middle-aged ex-prostitute, ex-drug addict, ex-drug dealer, who decides to turn her life around by going back to high school. It was described as "an after school special on acid." And it really was.

The subject matter was so crazy and no-holds-barred, it shocks me that they were able to get half the material on the air. But that's part of its appeal -- you never knew what they were going to do or say next. The unpredictability factor gave it a great edge, and in the end, it really wasn't that offensive because the show made fun of everyone.

Anyway, for those who haven't seen it, I've decided to post a video of the very first episode. Enjoy!

First Episode (Part 1)

First Episode (Part 2)

First Episode (Part 3)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please, I know about this show! I "discovered" it in college. It was great. Watched it every time it was on.

Something bothered me though. It was funny but what is up with Jerri's dad? Did they EVER say? Because I get distressed when I don't have all the answers, and that displeased me.

• Members

Eh, don't bother. The movie was a big disappointment. There were some great comedic moments, but for the most part... a big flop.

On a positive note, though, I got the Series Collection DVD's in the mail today! WOOHOO!!

Archived