SOD new cover/stories

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/sod_currentcoverlg.html

From a Days Fan view:

Banner: Edge of Your Seats Plot Twists

Lower third, John and Marlena picture

Small banner: DAYS: John's shocking new story! "It crosses the line."

Inside features: Recovery Room: John and Marlena reconnect in a shocking way. Stepanie axed.

(NOTE: Looks like GH is hot right now. I may have to start watching it, too.)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jean, GH is very hot right now. Even the mob stories are tolerable. The only fault I have with the show at all is the revisit of Carly & Sonny. I am hoping it is temporary, but at least Maurice & Laura have acted it okay.

I was sure hoping when I opened this there was going to be something about what is going on at ABC. There is something in the works. All 3 shows are suddenly better.

AMC is returning to it's roots of love and friendship and even a little bit to family. They still need to work on the vet situation but they have at least given Erica/Jeff/Jack a triangle now. They are showing the Chandler family as a unit. Putting Tad & Dixie back together and making them deal with what is wrong. They have the S/K story but it is more focused on the couples and esp. using it to finally cement Zach & Kendall as a couple. He is finally opening up to her. And the Zarf story which I knew I was going to hate is being very well done. And man can the guy they hired act. I know that the story is in many ways a cop out for AMC not giving Bianca a real woman to kiss, but if AMC continues telling the story as it is now they are putting a lock on the Emmys in 2008. The acting and writing have been fabulous. The scenes of the last 2 days between Bianca and Zarf will surely be on both performers Emmy reels.

OLTL is firing all the characters that fans have hated - all of a sudden too. They are bringing back Lindsey and have given one vet a 4 year contract all of a sudden. Other old loved characters are suddenly showing back up. We haven't seen many of the recurring little characters since 2005 at least if not before that and suddenly they are on all in one week. And they are featuring a triangle for it's oldest characters: Vicki/Clint/Dorian which the fans have been asking for for a long time.

GH has just been doing so much better. They have finally learned to use their little stunts to further a story and not just as an isolated point. They used Laura to spurn the mystery into who really killed Rick Webber. I hated the story but now at least it is being explored as it should have all along.

Anyway I say all that to say that I was sure hoping that at least one of the mags would do a story on it - at least to pose the question of what is going on. As far as we know right now Dena Higley is still at OLTL and MMT is still at AMC - but it sure doesn't feel like it. I think Guza is still at GH, but I just get the feeling that soon we will read Higley and MMT are gone.

Archived