2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Random questions which sometimes puzzle me about B&B's credits:

- What's the difference between "produced by" and "producer"? Does the first state the person pivotal involved in a particular episode perhaps? Reason I ask is, cause B&B producer Cynthia J. Popp is credited with the first attribute every once in a year.

- also what does the rank of associate headwriters imply? In the past 2 months Elizabeth Snyder and Kay Alden swapped places 2 and 3 (following Brad Bell and ass. h-w Michael Minnis) for on or two episodes each... Usually Alden is listed before Snyder.

• Administrator

So with Higley back at DAYS.....who stays....who goes.....who is coming back?

My best bet would be Victor G coming back and of course her husband Mark.

I could see Hogan not protecting Gord Rayfield and Richard Backus....but they have Jim Sarnoff (agent) to protect them. Jim also represents Hogan and Dena and most of the DAYS writing staff.

It's going to get very interesting!

Of course assuming if the writers strike doesn't happen. :(

• Members

>> .....who stays....

My hunch? Mike Cohen, Renee Godelia, Cydney Kelley and Jodie Scholz.

>> ....who goes.....

It'll be gradual, but, Richard Backus, Bettina Bradbury, Judith Donato, Frederick Johnson and Gordon Rayfield. Meg Kelly isn't long for the staff, either.

>> .....who is coming back?

Victor Gialanella might return, if he hasn't decided to retire. Mark Christopher, too. At this point, I also see Frances Myers and Chris Van Etten leaving OLTL to join Higley.

The one wild card, if you will, is Tom Casiello. He might follow the others out the door, and he might not. (Then again, Casiello isn't really known for sticking w/ one show for a long time, is he?)

Mark my words, though: Higley's return will signal other changes, not just in the writing staff, but throughout the entire production. IMO, Corday panicked when his show fell to dead-last in the ratings; and it was that turn of events which all but sealed Hogan Sheffer's, and Meg Kelly's, fate. Eventually, Higley will become sole HW, and Sheffer will be forced out.

Sorry, but, Hogan really blew this chance.

• Members

It depends what you call a "long time". He was at ATWT for almost four years, and OLTL for two years.

Chris Van Etten worked production on OLTL, so I can't imagine he'll leave there. If he does leave that team, he'll probably go back to production. Victor Gialanella and Mark Christopher, on the other hand, are probably writers to be on the lookout for.

I can't imagine we'll see any sweeping changes to the team immediately unless something happens to HS. From everything we've read HS and ES have a real respect for each other. And wherever this Dena thing came from, they have no real reason (yet) to fire the whole breakdown/script team.

• Administrator

I think Michelle Patrick is writing scripts now. She wasn't listed a BDW on Friday and she's been writing scripts for the past couple of episodes.

I can see Renee and Cydney staying since they know Dena very well (they were writer assistants).

Meg will probably be there as long as Hogan is. Bettina, Fred, Judith, Charlotte Gibson, Judy Tate have that ATWT connection and are probably very good friends with Hogan, so they're probably safe.

Again, Casiello has that ATWT connection. He's safe.

How I think the 2008 team will look like once Dena gets her writers in:

Hogan Sheffer

Dena Higley

Frederick Johnson

Tom Casiello

Meg Kelly

Charlotte Gibson

Judy Tate

Victor Gialanella

Fran Myers

Jodie Scholz

Bettina F. Bradbury

Cydney Kelley

Judith Donato

Renee Godelia

Mark Christopher

Also, you will probably see a bunch of writers who will write one or two scripts and then disappear forever, just like last time Dena was HW. :lol:

On second thought....that's huge writing staff!! One or two of Hogan's friends might have to leave. Hmm.....

• Administrator

Hmm....Lewis is a possibility. Her last script was on October 17. If she is really gone, thats a bit sad. She's written for AMC for so many years.

Yeah, I heard that her GH scripts were great. So I guess it's good that she's back to her stronger position.

Archived