2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

Man, poor Richard Cullliton. Dude has written 7 out of the last 9 scripts and wrote 3 straight scripts on two different occasions in October. Why is Courtney Simon punishing Richard?! Give this guy a break! LOL

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't Backus leave OLTL right when Higley joined? Interesting...

I could see Bettina Bradbury or Tom Casiello leaving, to be honest, if people have to go to make way for Dena's friends. Bettina didn't work with Hogan for very long at ATWT (only a month or two, and he was not HW; Casiello was fired from ATWT, I believe, during Hogan's tenure, although that was probably Goutman and/or MADD).

Frederick Johnson also left ATWT abruptly, although I think it was after Hogan was axed (as HW).

Toups: I thought I heard before that Courtney Simon and Richard Culliton don't get along. No idea if it's heresay or not. But interesting that you'd say that she'd be punishing him and not Passanante. :)

Good for Richard, though. He's a workaholic, and I know he loves writing and was sad to be away from daytime for so long after being axed from AMC. So I don't feel too much pity for him. ;) And his scripts are the best, so yay for ATWT for getting so much Culliton.

• Members

You know, in retrospect, I also don't think Richard Culliton's solo head writing stint at GH was that bad. I know many, including Tony Geary, hated him. However, after Claire Labine left, the show was never going to be the same again. God knows Guza has yet to match anything from the Labine era. But really, I never got what was so bad about Culliton's GH.

• Administrator

Backus was last listed on December 10, 2004 and Higley was first listed on December 13, 2004, so I don't think got rid of him. I was surprised Richard came back to soaps. He's in his early 60's and I thought he retired.

Oh you're right about Bettina. Hogan wasn't even HW when BB was at ATWT. Is she a Jim Sarnoff client? He could be the reason why she's at DAYS instead of Hogan bringing her in.

Casiello was a writer assistant and wrote breakdowns for Hogan at ATWT. So it was probably MADD who got rid of him. Remember, she doesn't like male writers (Richard J. Allen, Stephen Demorest, Hal Corley). LOL

He was the second writer that Hogan brought in, so he must've really wanted Fred.

I heard the opposite. I heard they're really good friends. They go way back and worked at so many soaps together.

I said Courtney instead of Jean because Courtney being the script editor assigns the scripts.

I just hope he doesn't burn out. 7 of the last 9? That's insane. LOL

Archived