Anyone else love old classic movies?

Rhonda37138

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love old movies, too, some kinds...I do like some Bogart movies (I named my cat Bogie, lol). Love silent films and went through a pretty heavy Charlie Chaplin period some years back...also love Mary Pickford's Daddy Long Legs and My Best Girl...It (Clara Bow)...Way Down East (Lillian Gish)...Buster Keaton, Laurel & Hardy, Danny Kaye, Laurence Olivier--aside from being a great actor, undoubtedly one of the most handsome men I have ever seen, lol. I don't usually get bowled over by looks but a young Olivier was beautiful. ;) Love Sidney Poitier movies, too. And those old horror films of the 30s (Frankenstein, Dracula, etc.)..and the later ones, too. I even like Godzilla in the rubber suit. :lol:

• Members

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!!

My favorite actresses are (in order) Susan Hayward, Lana Turner, Katherine Hepburn, Bette Davis, June Allyson (love love her movies) & Doris Day

Favorite Actors: James Stewart, Gary Cooper, Spencer Tracy, Clark Gable, & Bogart

Fave Classic Movies:

1) Imitation of Life

2) Little Women (both the Hepburn & the Allyson version)

3) Madame X

4) The Postman Always Rings Twice

5) Casablanca

6) Rear Window

7) Vertigo

8) 12 Angry Men

9) North By Northwest

10) It's A Wonderful Life

11) Sunset Blvd.

12) All About Eve

13) The Third Man

14) The Maltese Falcon

15) Double Indemnity

16) Singin in the Rain

17) Rebecca

18) STrangers on a Train

19) all of the Andy Hardy family movies

20) Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

and soo many others

• Members

I flove flove flove this movie. Wonderful cast and it almost entirely takes place in one room and all that there is to it is the dynamics of the 12 characters. The case itself is secondary to the arguments, points of view and emotions that it brings out among them. And Lee J. Cobb blows me out of the water. This is literally a movie I will not turn off whenever it's on. LOL, it was on last night and I happened to catch the last 20 minutes and I stayed with it. But I have it on tape, too. :)

And, even though this is much later, I also feel the same way about Fiddler On The Roof. One of my very favorite musicals. Great songs, great story and Topol is perfectly cast, bringing his own charm and humor. He's the benchmark I hold other actors in the role up against.

• Members

Lately I've especially been enjoying James Cagney and Edward G Robinson gangster flicks! Also, Clark Gable and Jean Harlow were an awesome team in the 30's (Wife vs Secretary, China Seas, Red Dust, Hold Your Man and Saratoga). He was even in her very last film (Saratoga '37), in which she sadly died just prior to the film's completion. It is documented that Clark G tried to help save her life, but her zealot mother wouldn't allow anyone to take her to the hospital until it was too late. Marilyn M, I absolutely love MM also!!! :)

• Members

P.s. I meant to mention that ITA "12 Angry Men" is great!!! It was on Turner Classics a few days ago. Without spoiling it for people who haven't seen the film, Henry Fonda was great as the "well, what if it isn't so cut-and-dried as it appears" juror. Very compelling movie, and the look in that young defendant's eyes at the beginning speaks a thousand words. :o

Archived