DAYS: TVGuide Article on CC's Return!

King

• Members

TVG

SAMI'S SISTER BACK ON DAYS

Days of our Lives is making good on its promise to bring back more classic characters. Now that Austin Peck is back as Sami's ex-lover, Austin Reed, what better time for Christie Clark to return as Carrie, the half sister Sami once battled for his affections? She'll reappear on the NBC sudser in early December.

"Days could not be more delighted that Christie Clark is returning to Salem," the show's rep tells TVGuide.com. "Since the [Carrie]character and the actress both grew up on the show, they are both an integral part of our history, on and off the screen. The fans should look forward to a tremendous story that picks up where Carrie left off. We will most certainly be addressing the imminent questions about Carrie's past relationships."

When last seen in 1999, Carrie left town to be with Dr. Mike Horton (Roark Critchlow). Mike won't be back, confirms the rep, but his absence will be explained.

Sorry if this is old, but I haven't seen it, so I thought maybe others haven't either. ;)

• Members

Sounds very cool! If Mike were to come back, I would only want Michael T. Weiss in the role(he's the original Mike for those who don't know.) But, still Carrie's return is sounding more and more like it's long term. That makes me happy! :D

• Members

well it'd make sense, as they'd been "engaged" for 6 years, which is a long time. But then ... why bring back a character to the town that you plan on having mix it up with others be married? Especially when you dont plan on bringing back the husband.

• Members
well it'd make sense, as they'd been "engaged" for 6 years, which is a long time. But then ... why bring back a character to the town that you plan on having mix it up with others be married? Especially when you dont plan on bringing back the husband.

That's true but I think Carrie having marriage trouble makes for much more of a story than Carrie being post-divorce...

• Members
But not having Alice or Jen or ANYONE mention a WEDDING!?

UGH!

they didnt show them mourning their dead loved ones, why would they mention Mike & Carrie's status. Besides ... from a writers standpoint, why box yourself into something like that when you dont even know if you're going to want to use either character again in the future.

• Members

Carrie and Mike WERE married. Not just engaged, but MARRIED. Don't any of you remember back in the Christmas of 1999, right after Carrie left, when they showed the ornaments hanging on the tree, an ornament was on there with Carrie's name right next to Mike. Nobody's name gets put on that tree unless they're a Horton, so Carrie would've had to have married Mike in Israel.

Archived