DAYS: Interview with Eileen Galindo (Beverly of Shelle story)

• Members

From Soap.com:

---

Eileen: “Beverly is a woman who casually meets Shawn, Belle and Claire at Java Café. She comments on how sweet she is and how she has a son of her own over in Germany. By the end of the episode you realize that she is not exactly what she appears to be.”

Shannon: “Ahh, in true drama fashion!”

Eileen: Laughter… “Love it! You know what it is? I said to the guys (because I recurred on a soap and had small parts years ago) you know, this show is written in such classic soap opera style. It is really written in such a great way.”

--

Shannon: “How did this role of DOOL come about?”

Eileen: “It was like Manna from Heaven. I got a phone call from my agent while I was driving and she told me that Fran (casting director from DOOL) called her and wanted to know if I would be interested in this part. I thought it was an audition, so I told her to send me the material and I will look at it. When I got home and checked my email, there was an offer saying that it will pay this much etc, etc. I was like “ohhhh”. Laughter…..

Shannon: “That was nice huh?”

Eileen: “It was really nice! It doesn’t usually happen that way. What it was is that Fran had seen me do a play a couple of years ago here in Los Angeles and she remembered my work. She basically said that when she had the right thing for me she would give me a call. The producers have since come down to me and told me that they really had no expectations of what the character was going to be. They then informed me that I had just made her so, so, so evil!” Laughter…

Shannon: Laughter…. “Oh goodness!”

Eileen: Laughter…. I think she was originally just to be to the point and business like, but sort of by accident that kind of changed. The first time that I held the baby Claire, she loved me. When I went to go pick her up she kind of reached for me and I in that moment (in the scene) just said “Oh come here sweetheart”. Everyone on the set was like “Ewww!” Laughter….

Shannon: Laughter….

Eileen: So, it was by accident that it happened that way, but they decided to keep it and you will see that on (I believe) January 3 or 4. When I take the baby it kind of gives you the creeps.”

Shannon: “Well you know, DAYS has a history of having some pretty wicked women on there!” Laughter…

Eileen: Laughter….

Shannon: “I can think of a handful over the years that I have been a fan. I will be looking forward to seeing this!”

Eileen: “It’s a lot of fun.”

Shannon: “How long is your character supposed to be around?”

Eileen: “We don’t know yet. It was originally going to be just 2 episodes, but I have done 7 so far. They take a break starting December 19 and come back January 7. I would imagine that after they return we will have a better idea of what is going to happen.”

--

to read the rest of the article, follow the link:

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/4...out_Joining_Day

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived