DAYS: New listing for Hope's baby girl's name

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with King.

Ciara is a very famous music artist. Associating the name "Ciara," -- especially spelled the way it is -- with the music artist is completely normal. If you're not a fan of the artist, it's not surprising that you might not be a fan of the name either... and you certainly wouldn't be hot on always mentally associating the character with said artist. What's offensive about that?

I mean, hell... what if they were naming the child Osama? Don't tell me you wouldn't associate her with the wellknown terrorist. What if they were naming the child Ling-Ling? If Bo and Hope were asian, there would be no problem. But guess what? They're not asian. I don't want the child named Ling-Ling... and I don't want the child named Ciara!

I'm by no means racist. I just don't like what I associate the name with.

• Members

Lol, I hate all the damn names too. I chose Cassidy, but I hate the damn middle name.

I wouldn't mind them calling her Ciara (pronounced Kyra or whatever). I happen to like the singer Ciara (pronounced C-era/Sierra). I don't think she's trashy at all. She doesn't give off the impression that she's slutty or trashy.

:)

• Members

I don't know, I don't associate the name "Ciara" with a hip hop artist at all, I associate it with trendiness ... I know, it's a traditional Irish name, but being a 1st generationer myself I think I can safely attest that when cultural names are given by people who grew up/spent a good amount of time in the US they tend to pick names that mesh with the present culture, while still being traditional. Of course that's not a hard and fast rule and I'm certainly not gonna judge a kid based on her name ... but if we don't nitpick about something what are we gonna do with our lives :P

Archived