Days:Willow gone?

• Members

I just don't get this Jan Spears love. Lindell was average, Olson was annoying. Neither had their characters written well and in many cases, were a representation of some of Days' worst eras!

2000-2002 was horrible for the show.

2003-2005 were horrible for the show.

Jan pretending to have Shawn's baby was a horrible storyline

Jan locking Shawn in the cage for months, only for him to get amnesia and screw Belle in a barn, was also a horrible storyline.

anyone can dress up in stupid little fantacy sequences and be cute ... I thought Days fans were smarter than to be sucked in by such a ploy. Guess not ...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Willow lovers can make all the excuses they want, but she is not a well-liked character at many of the message boards that discuss DAYS. It's not even about Shelle like another poster said because a lot of people don't like Shelle either. It's the fact they are giving a huge chunk of airtime to an extremely lame character played by an actress who appears to be taking lessons from Farah Fath, and looks more suited to appearing at drag queen shows in New York than on a soap opera. Anyone who watches DAYS and actually likes this character needs to have their heads examined.

• Members

I don't care what strangers on other message boards think. Those boards are full of irational and insane people, which is why I stay at SON.

All I know, is that I:

- Like Annie, and

- Like Willow

If others don't like her, that's their problem. I'm happy, thats all that matters to me when it comes to my Days viewership.

• Members

LOVE YA BREE :D:lol: .

Willow lovers can go ahead and like her. Hell, there was a time when I liked Susan and Kevin during Days teen years and many didn't. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that the writing seems on the wall for her IMO. I just don't want her to be Jan and, if she is here this time next year, then I will be furious. Wait, scratch that, if she is here in two months I will be furious :lol: .

To each their own though. :)

• Members

The first Jan, when she came back later, was whiny and fun, and I liked her because I resented SORAS-ed Shawn and Belle and everything they stood for. The second Jan was hot, talented (imho) and funny. And I'm not smart enough not to get sucked into that (I'm shallow, I accept that).

I like to imagine that Willow was always intended to be Jan in disguise. If John and Marlena have their Stefano, why can't Shawn and Belle have their Jan?

Willow should be gone soon though, right? There's not a whole lot left for her to do, imho, and I'd much prefer Lauren the surrogate to stick around long-term as a spoiler in someone's relationship. Unless we can have Jan.

• Members

I kind of take offense to that "days fans were smarter than to be sucked in by such a ploy" part. Just because you enjoy a character and a story doesn't mean that you're less than smart. It just means that different things entertain you than others. Jan is my favorite character in the history of daytime and she will always be. I loved all of her storylines and EVERY episode that she appeared in. Heather Olson was an amazing actress and so was Heather Lindell. That's just my opinion.

I also love Willow and Annie and Willow. I think they have so much potential and that's why I hope she turns out to be Jan.

• Members

I thoroughly enjoyed Heather Lindell as Jan Spears. The actress was far more accomplished than either Madison or Faith and in my opinion, much more beautiful and better built. She was amazing in the way that every scene she was in, she was busy doing something meaningful instead of just standing there saying her lines. She was exceptional in that way and her fast delivery showed me a very intelligent person within that lovely exterior. I was fascinated with Heather and would love for her to come back as Jan only not a total psycho wacko with ridiculous intentions. She was too sophisticated and intelligent for that sort of role....in my best opinion.

As many people as there are fans there are fans with differing views which each person is fairly entitled to without degrading remarks which only shows rigidity. I see that there are many who love Farah so much more than Martha and think she should be Belle. To me that is shocking, but it's just the way it is with the world. To each his own. I love characters who have twists. They are interesting to me.

• Members

Jan Spears rocked! She was an unstable little girl that got treated horribly by unloving parents, had a boyfreind that was agressive, and then a sleazeball attacked her and that was the final straw, so she seeked comfort in someone loving and finally snapped. Her snapping mixed in with her love for Shawn, and she became obsessed and jealous of Belle. She went off, and possibly murdered her parents, came back to Salem and then it was the prime of the character.

Jan is AWESOME! With both actresses in the role, even though I would take Sam Evans over her, I would have Jan back in a second if she was up against someone like Mimi or Willow.

So, may this rumour be true so Willow can take a hike!!!!!!!! I want the woman gone before some has a chance to read the Willow being Jan rumours and decide to do it!

Archived