The View/Rosie

Josh

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, please, Danni, give me an f-ing break. Please don't turn this thread into a pity party for you like you do every other OT thread because you're black. No one said anything about black people before you chimed in. No one here is racist. Rosie O'Donnel is not a racist. The remark was not racist. White people CAN be discriminated against FOR MULTIPLE THINGS even if you don't believe they can't be RACIALLY discriminated against. (Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Looks, Socio-Economic Status, Hair Color, Ethnicity, to name a few.) It is not Danni against the world so get over yourself.

• Members

For me...this would be such a non-issue if Rosie wasn't so PC about gays. Kelly Ripa's tells Clay, "I don't know where you're hands have been." and all of a sudden, Rosie views it as homophobia?! Yet, Rosie makes fun of Chinese/Asian culture and it's all of a sudden NOT okay for people to call her out on her obvious double standards?!

The watchdog group(and everyone else) was simply calling Rosie on her [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

bellcurve, if the watchdog group was merely trying to call Ro out on her being a hypocrite, I'd be fine with it. But that's NOT the case. They actually think that she made a hateful racial slur. They actually have linked her slurs to the "N" word. But that's simply NOT true. The audience laughed at her impression and no one booed or hissed at her. Why? Because, unlike what "Unity" would have you believe, saying "ching, chong, ching, chong" is NOT a hateful slur. It's politically incorrect, yes. And maybe really touchy people would be offended by it -- and I do mean REALLY touchy people. But Rosie's delivery suggested nothing but a need to imitate a language she DOESN'T know. And frankly, the "ching, chong" IS clear that she's imitating Chinese. That's not offensive, it's just an exaggeration of how they talk. Those sounds. I thank whoever likened this to the 'gay' thing. If someone imitated gays, complete with hissing, lisping and the "OMG"s it would be the same issue. As for Rosie, we live in a country of free speech and also frankly, there is NO need for her to apologize. Otherwise, she would deny her own right to free speech, which has no cost so long as it is protected speech. Rosie's imitation falls under protected speech. I hope she DOES NOT apologize, otherwise, no one will win. You can't say you support a country for its freedoms and then demand someone to apologize for protected (if tasteless) speech. It just does NOT work that way.

• Members

Its kind of funny that many of the ones I have "fought" with politically, are on the same side as me on this.

It is nice to see common ground on this as it is such a NON issue.

Was it in good taste..probably not, but damn funny when you think of how she was using it.

And I LOVE how ONLY people colored OTHER than white can be discriminated against and whites can't?

Is there a college fund set up for specifically whites?

And if the "N" word is so wrong, why can blacks use it so damn freely as everyday language but its wrong for everyone else?

PLease Danni, there is discrimination everywhere for everyone and its wrong. When you ONLY claim that "your kind" is the target, there are some issues there that you need to face.

• Members
How about you get over yourself and stop trying to insinuate things that were NEVER said?

It's called legacy admission. The first way college admits students before AA is even considered.

Here's a better question: Why do white people want to use it so badly? You know it's a slur, you know the history behind it, and you know you'd get your ass kicked in some shape or form if you do, so why do you want to say it like it's a life or death issue?

You, King, need to shut the [!@#$%^&*] up. I didn't call anyone racist in this thread, and this [!@#$%^&*] wasn't even about me. The issue is the blatant insensitivity to the fact that the Asian community is offended, and the fact that it doesn't take a blatant slur for a minority group to find a remark or an action racist.

Reading comprehension goes a long way...

• Members

Rosie deserves to eat crow. I used to like her, but she is such a mega [!@#$%^&*]. She deems every person who doesn't agree with her stances homophobic that it's truly fitting to see her falling back into humility.

Granted, I don't find her speech offenseable, but she has such a big mouth. It's a YouTube dream watching her be so contrite.

12297451jf8mmxya9zze8.gif:lol::lol:

• Members

I really hate the word and for the reasons you've stated above, I have no desire to use the word. However, I've always wondered based on the same criteria above, why the black community would want to use the word? Why do they want to use it, they know its a slur and there is history behind it. I'd think if I were them, I'd want to forget that word forever.

I don't want to start a huge argument from this, I just really have wondered about this for some time - and I think you seem to be the perfect person to ask.

• Members

Well that's because Rosie bashed Kelly Ripa as though she had called Clay a f****t. I'm pretty sure Rosie implied it.

Yeah. And I don't mind political incorrectness. Do you honestly believe that I could exist in society WITHOUT having went though the things I did and still being able to not believe everyone white or straight has a secret agenda against me?! If I honestly took EVERYTHING as racism or homophobia, I wouldn't be able to get up out of bed every morning. And somethings are just worth letting go of.

The reason why I am SO pissed at Rosie is because she is SUCH a pansy [!@#$%^&*] when it comes to people making fun of gays, even if she is seeing things that aren't there. But, she can't have the sensititity to realise what kind of jokes may offend a certain group of people and have to be asked to apologize?!

Yeah, but Rosie would have banded together with GLAAD and every other gay crusader had Kelly Ripa done her best Clay Aiken imitation. She's such a hypocrite.

Then, if that's the case, why should people apologize for calling gays f****ts or lesbians d*kes?! If someone went on that tirade, she'd be the FIRST ONE to get her psnties in a bunch.

I support free speech. I just don't support that big, lesbian hag Rosie trying to have her cake and eat it too. It doesn't work both ways sister.

• Members

True, it doesn't mean you have to, but it does mean you CAN. ;) It also means Rosie is free to be a hypocrite.

As for Ro's being annoying, she is, but it's a different kind of annoying. It actually attracts buzz and huge ratings. It ain't everyone's cup-of-tea but it sure is mine. I record that show almost daily now. (but actually watch about three times a week).

• Members

It's more that the black community wants to diminish its power, but clearly it's not working. Still, it doesn't mean that any white person can or should say it less they want to get their ass kicked in the worst way.

At the end of the day, Rosie's still an idiot. That "apology" was pure BS, and I know if someone had said something about the gay community, she would've flipped out.

Archived