The View/Rosie

Josh

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Because the people who are talking to me about this, save Bree and Dru, are white.

It's definitely not because you're born white. There are other things that lead me to think that you are, but that's been discussed before. That being said, being born white makes you more inclined to be dismissive of POC when they are offended, seeing as how you are the majority.

Which brings me back to my point: Why do you want to say it so badly (and from the looks of things, you are really quite comfortable using it)? The sheer fact that you don't say it unless you're ready to throw down already says that you already harbor those feelings. You're just not stupid enough to say it to the wrong person. The fact that you'd be so willing to use it confirms everything that I said about you. You showed your ass right there, and all the discussions and "interest" in racism you have doesn't change that.

And yes, other groups do use slurs against each other...

• Members

1. We are not equal, and I don't think we will ever be equal.

2. What really gets me is how white people feel the need to be involved in everything POC do, like they're entitled to be a part of it. No, you're not entitled to everything that we are a part of, the use of the N-word or any other slur included.

• Members

I'm kind of *over* this whole "Racism in America" thing, but I'm gonna add my two cents in anyway. I thought this kind of [!@#$%^&*] was done and over with when we had the big Christel/Davetta blowout.

I don't hold anyone by any ONE standard. Everyone is a racist. Period. Point blank. I do think we should try to rise above what we've been taught by our families, our culture, and by others and be fully functioning adults thinking for ourselves and try to look at each other as equals. But, to say that you are 100% NOT A RACIST is a blatant lie to yourself and to others.

But to say that what Rosie did wasn't racist is just ignorant. It's like saying that someone saying, "I love you long time" isn't racist either. To say "ching-chong" is making fun of the Chinese/Asian language, culture, and vocal inflection.

I don't think the outrage is about our culture being TOO insensitive. For me, I'm upset because this is about a woman who fights the gay and PC crusade so much that she forgets that she too can offend others.

I may have said this before, but if I concentrate and worry that EVERYONE I meet is a racist, I don't think I would be able to live. Some things aren't worth calling a watchdog group about.

• Members

I agree bellcurve. Everyone has their prejudices, no matter whether they are white, black, Chinese, straight, gay, Christian, Muslim, et. al. It is something that is, unfortunately, fostered by both human nature and society. For every race or religion, there is a minority group that creates the negative stigma for the whole. Humans fear and hate what they do not understand. If there's one thing that I agree with Danni on, it is that knowledge is the only way to conquer prejudice. The knowledge and acceptance of the morees and values of others can create an air of understanding better than anything else.

Although I applaud my fellow SON-ers for tackling a tough issue, this thread has denegrated to needless attacks. Therefore, this thread is closed.

Archived