The View/Rosie

Josh

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe she made some kind of "it was only a joke" appology. I didn't think it was that bad. I still don't know what ching-chong supposidly means in chinese, since they said it was some kind of slur. She definitely didnt say it knowing it was a slur - and a person's intentions are the most important thing when it comes to judging if they're a racist or not.

• Members

Fine, I won't understand it. That's true. I don't have the same justified issues as do people of color. I guess my point wasn't to be okay with it, as I suggested. If it cuts deep, preach about it, teach about it, criticize others. But don't be violent. Hate begets hate. And if someone goes off on someone because of that word, that's accomplishing nothing. My argument really has more to do with the reaction of that word and other forms of racism. There's a right way of handling things and a wrong way. And violence is never the right way.

• Members

A part of me does not understand why suddenly everything derrogatory is being followed the next day with an 'apology'. First off for me, and this is just me, if you opened your mouth wide enough to let the statements fall from your lips, then you had every intention of saying it in the first place, and to hurry up and quickly say, "Oh, I'm sorry if I may have offended anyone, I didn't think that my saying it was going to be offensive" is just a cop out and a way to try to make an excuse for one's actions.

For me, Rosie had to have been thinking of what to say regarding Danny Devito; and for me, it seemed like she wanted a reaction from the audience when she said what she said; but to simply brush off what she said with a flat 'apology' was ignorant on her part.

This has been like four instances where celebrities have suddenly regretted the statements that they have made.

• Members

Rosie is guilty of having no tact and not being funny when she's trying to be. That's it. If she would stop trying to be the token comedienne for The View, perhaps the show would be more tolerable. But since she seems to get herself in the news every other day, I'm sure ABC has to love it. More ratings for them.

As for Danni, it says a lot about her when she says she doesn't care about anyone else's personal experiences, yet turns every post she makes at SON into a damn pity party for herself and she demands others to feel sorry for her and play her as a victim. Sorry, but I'm not pandering to that. I'm sick and tired of her turning every topic into "everyone's racist." Danni, you are ignorant and prejudiced as well but refuse to realize it. Ignorant because you are lumping whites into one corner as whites did with blacks many years ago, as well as now.

If you want to combat prejudice, don't be prejudiced yourself. And don't tell me you aren't. Blacks can have the same narrow-minded stereotyping as whites. I had slurs directed at me by both blacks and whites because of my mixed race. Yet, you don't see me on here trying to get others to feel sorry for me and see me saying everyone who isn't black is racist. There is a time when people have had enough of the whining and complaining.

• Members

And what I'm saying is that the dismissiveness of the reaction is the problem. A group was legitimately offended, and they thought that Rosie's apology was crap. They're saying that, and the immediate reaction is "get over it". Can you understand why that would anger someone?

Bree, reading comprehension goes a long way. As I said before, if I felt that someone was a racist I'd say it straight out. I'd certainly have no reasons to mince my words. Oh, and if you'd care to read the entire thing, you'd notice that I only referenced myself once, and that was more because I was sick of having to talk for the entire black community, though I'm sure that almost everyone has had a similar experience. Do I think all white people are racist? Certainly not. Do I think a majority of white people are unaware and dismissive of what can offend POC? Hell yes. Do I think white people need to understand that there are just certain things that they can't say or do? Yes.

Bree, the only ignorance I see is in you. You'd rather pretend like racism doesn't exist, and that we're just happy and equal. You'd prefer to insult me then flee, when I never insulted you. You think you're above racism and that you're somehow exempt from it because you're biracial. You're not. Whether or not you want to admit that to yourself, I don't care

• Members

Why did you single out whites?

First of all I am so tired of blacks being able to say nigger, but anyone who isn't black gets the look of death if they use it. It's obviously a derogatory word, so why would blacks want to call each other that, that makes zero sense. I am interested in racism and have gone to discussions on racism on campus and this has been brought up at each discussion and gets talked about the most. You want to hear a heated debate just bring up this very subject. I know the history of the word and know not to say it unless I am ready to throw down. I just want to know why blacks call each other "nigga" and are okay with it. Why would they want to use a word that puts down thier own race. That just boggles my mind, no other race does this. I don't hear whites calling each other crackers or white trash, Mexicans calling each other spics, Jews calling each other kikes, etc.

• Members

i agree with KBT, why do blacks wnat to use it? and if blacks can use it then whites should be able to because we should all be equal. of course i don't think we should eb using it at all, but if black people want to use it so badly they shouldn't have a problem with other people saying it.

also since white people coined the term when did it sgtart to become a friend thing in the black community?

Archived