Foreign Rock Music

SpiritualJunkie

• Members

So I while I was trying to do my final sociology paper a week ago, I was reading through one of the articles I was planning on using and it was basically about how youth can take one object or idea (ie. rock music) and interpret it differently. It started talking about Korean rock, Russian rock...which got me interested...I'm Filipino but rarely ever listen to Filipino music. I've tried listening to the Eraserheads before ("the" Filipino rock band in the 90s) but they weren't my cup of tea..I've recently started listening to them again and have suddenly grown to appreciate their music (notable English songs include "With a Smile" and "Torpedo").

Anyway, while I was in the process of listening to some Filipino rock, I came across this band called Sandwich. Interestingly enough, the frontman of the band was the former drummer for the Eraserheads. I think they absolutely rock. I didn't really understand all their songs right away but I love their sound. Here's some of their videos..the first one is the only English one I could find but the others are worth checking out.

"DVD-X"

Chorus: Everything you're looking for/Everything is here.

"Sugod" ("Let's Go")

Sketchy translation:

Come on, my friends!

We're all close together

Wave the flag

Rock-and-roll until the morning

You've texted Shaun and Jhopet

Put gel on a new haircut

Bring out your fancy shoes

???(Hanep pumorma)???

No one will argue!

Chorus:

Been saving money for this for one week

Been waiting for this for one month

The feedback from the guitars

Your favourite songs

Chorus

Tonight we'll have fun

We'll watch the bands

Dance like wild dogs

to the beating of the drums

"Walang Kadala-dala" ("Nothing Learned")

Next up: French rock :D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG...I remember seeing that video to "Perfekte Welle" (I think you were the one who posted the video before)...I LOVE that song!

Revolverheld for some reasons reminds me of Nickelback/Three Days Grace. That Mia song's pretty catchy.

I keep hearing about Rammstein but I don't think I've actually ever heard their songs. Are they heavy metal/hard rock?

So, I came across this French band thanks to my French instructor last year. They're called Mickey 3D and they've quickly become one of my favourite bands out there. I was lucky enough to find their most recent album Matador here in Canada.

"Yalil" - Mickey 3D

"Matador" - Mickey 3D

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

My computer's being a pain so I'll post some more videos later.

Archived