ATWT: SID 2007 Previews

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT absolutely 100% will not rebound if these are the stories we have to continue to suffer through. Until there is a new writer, nothing will change. Once Josh Griffith and Hogan Sheffer left ATWT and Passanante is by herself we're getting the quality we were getting from her at AMC.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 11 2006, 04:52 PM)
ATWT absolutely 100% will not rebound if these are the stories we have to continue to suffer through. Until there is a new writer, nothing will change. Once Josh Griffith and Hogan Sheffer left ATWT and Passanante is by herself we're getting the quality we were getting from her at AMC.

ITA. Since Passanante's been by herself at ATWT, the show has only gotten worse, not better. So until some changes are made, if anything, the show will only decline further.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 11 2006, 05:52 PM)

I totally agree with that, and these previews only prove that nothing is changing with JP, More Craig, Katie, and Gwen and that is it. I will make a prediction right now, that by February or March we will be seeing more Craig than we are today, and Katie will still be in a storyline with Brad, who comes in on Jan 19, then Mike will return and here we go again another Katie triangle, so nothing is going to change there. The Gwen/Will/Jade/Adam crap is only going to continue, there are no signs that it is not going to. The Lily and Casey storylines, which could be interesting will be so backburnered to the Craig, Katie, and Gwen crap that they won't even be interesting, because they will be drown out so long. I just read something today that said that the Casey storyline may keep going until Zach(Casey) leaves the show, his contract does not even expire until April, so that storyilne is going to get painfully boring with all that time. The Lily story is only one once a week, so I can tell that is going to take forever to tell. There is no sign of the Vets getting a storyline anytime soon, or half of the other cast members.

• Members

It's depressing to read previews and it's the same old crap we see day after day. I didn't like some of Hogan's stuff, but at least it was somewhat clever. I don't even find anything clever anymore. I couldn't stand Hogan's Craig but now Craig is pure evil without any humor. The whole town is full of murderers, attempted murderers, robbers, thieves, etc.

The lead characters on this show are not rootable despite the great acting.

In the past year:

Carly has poisoned two people and stole the crown jewels.

Simon stole the crown jewels.

Emily shot Paul, kidnapped and chained up Dusty.

Dusty shot Craig in the chest in cold blood.

Craig got out of prison after killing someone and attempting to drive Rosanna off the road and switching the babies.

Paul switched the bullets in Dusty's gun and then tried to kill Craig again by suffocating him.

Henry has committed a number of crimes and lost his spark.

Katie has as well.

The list goes on and on. These character are on every day talking to each other and I can't root for any of them. I'm not sure what the writers are going for other than just making everyone criminals. Do they think this is cute behavior? I don't get it.

Right now the focus is on either new faces from the past year - Craig (new actor), Jade, Lucy (new actor), etc

or actors leaving the show in the next month - Simon, Mike, Carly (maternity leave), Lucy, etc.

There are no stories for Lucinda, Luke, Lisa, Bob, Kim, Susan, Barbara (her own story), etc. These characters at least have some depth and aren't out shooting people. At the very least they could be worked in more so that new viewers even know they exist.

ATWT needs a serious change but I don't see any change on the horizon which makes it hard to watch.

Archived