Days:Stefano Spoilers

• Members

It is a publicity stunt, through and through. I don't think Hogan or Corday would deny that. And so what if GH and the other ABC dramas relies on publicity stunts for sweeps? It obviously works. Does it pay off in the end? Usually not. No one is telling DAYS they can't or couldn't before. It's been their choice not to because of the low budget. They can't afford the stunts that ABC pulls off.

I understand why some people may not way Stefano back. Yes, the story has been played for quite sometime. HOWEVER, I think Hogan is finally giving the DiMeras a new generation and is giving the family a new direction. Hogan is having EJ become the new villain, something no other head writer has done. Every writer relies on Stefano to be the big bad villain of DAYS. JER, because he couldn't get Stefano, ruined Tony's character by doing this. It wasn't believable because Tony is an old man. He shouldn't be focused on Sami, Belle, Shawn, Lucas, etc.'s lives. EJ, however, is in the same age bracket and could be the new thorn in their sides. That is why I'm excited for the new DiMera regime.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The new generation part of the DiMera's I have never had a problem with. I think that is the original part of the story. I just don't like the old part of the DiMera's.

I think HOgan is being very original with that, and very original with passing the torch with Victor (who has never been ruined) to Philip. I just hope that since Victor hasn't been ruined he doesn't push Victor aside when Philip does come to light.

The numerous times that Stefano has died, the cartoony part of him, just destroys the new rise of the DiMera's for me. I just hate for that to be brought into it. Again that is my opinion on it. And as good of a writer as Hogan is I think he could have and can do it without reviving Stefano again.

• Members

That may be true, Steve. Of course Hogan could've done the new DiMeras without bringing back Stefano. However, Hogan and Corday know that DAYS fans would be hysterical to have Joe and Stefano back, so they're going to strike gold and go that route.

• Members

I think Hogan could have easily done this without Stefano, but I do want Joe back very much because just about everyone knows I am a big DiMera fan, and I looooove Stefano. But, I guess I would be okay with him not coming back, I would just be a little peeved.

I, do want a new generation of DiMera's though, and as much as I LOVED ALL the old DiMera's, I think the DiMera's like Megan, Renee, and even Andre should be layed to rest for good, because I would love to have them back, but I really do think they should lay SOME of the old DiMera's to rest.

It is hard to see them do it without Stefano, because I can hardly imagine them rebuilding the DiMera's without Stefano, but I guess they easily could.

• Members

Yes, they both did die not that long after they found out about their paternity, and Renee wasn't that much of an evil DiMera, but she was a very important piece of DiMera history, she and Tony had an interesting storyline, and alot of Tony's anger towards Stefano after the Salem Slasher because he held him responsible for Renee's death. In fact, I think Renee was the first child that started this whole Stefano has a ton of children thing. Wasn't she the first child Stefano found out he had?

As for Megan, she was not on for that long, and died in early 1985, but she was involved in several critical storylines, and is really if you go back most of the reason Stefano hates Bo and Hope because he thought Hope was the one who murdered Megan. Megan was Stefano's "golden girl", and was raised by Maxwell Hathaway, but she by all means had DiMera in her, because she would not have died if she hadn't tried to kill Hope in the first place. She also was critical in the prism storyline.

I classify Megan as a DiMera by all means, Renee is a DiMera, just not so much of an evil one like EJ, Andre, or Stefano.

• Members

I don't remember about Megan right now, but Renee was on quite awhile after it was revealed that she was a DiMera. Because the love story between her and Tony was pretty big at the time.

I just can't for the life of me remember how long Megan was on after she found out.

Archived