Big Casting Rumor for Y&R and DAYS fans

Evan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is not relevent since there has been an overhaul of the writing team. We'll just have to wait and see how Latham handles a story for Ashley. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Ashley and Ji Min. These two are SMOKIN together, if they don't capitalize on this, then they are fools.

• Members

I would love for Eileen Davidson to return as Kristen, but only Kristen. I don't want Susan, Sister Mary Moira, or anyone else back. It was too, too, way too much and I quit watching DAYS years ago with that overload of Eileen Davidson. If EJ is Elvis, then it should be said that Susan died years ago.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 12 2006, 12:39 AM)

This is not relevent since there has been an overhaul of the writing team. We'll just have to wait and see how Latham handles a story for Ashley.

how much longer should one wait? Latham's been in charge there for months! Been with Y&R for a year! Why are we acting like she just took over a couple weeks ago?

• Members

The way most headwrites these days do it is pick a set of characters and keep them on the frontburner for good. Latham has shown that she's been rotating different characters into frontburner stories. Nick/Phyllis/Sharon were heavily featured in the first half of the year, now Joshua Morrow said he only works one day a week. Characters like Jill, Katherine, Devon and Colleen are now being rotated into frontburner stories.

I'm sure when Latham has something planned she'll give it to Ashley.

• Members

I disagree Drew! I'm not sure when Abby was born but we had when Ashley stole the sperm. Her breast cancer, marriage to Bradley tested by Olivia, getting preggers with Brad's baby, the Tuvea line, Jabot vs. Newman, the car accident stuff, losing the baby, the gala (which one Y&R the Emmy), her fling with Tom, protecting John...just a few.

• Members

Y&R has WASTED Davidson's talen for YEARS now!!

At least on DAYS she was one of the core characters who was given some of the best material in daytime to work with.

At LEAST DAYS would use her and feature her. PLUS she has WAY more fans of her Kristen character than her boring Ashley character and she can once again RULE daytime on DAYS :)

Its time for Davidson to go back to DAYS where she BELONGS...IMO she has never FIT on Y&R...she was in her damn element with DAYS and with Hogan Sheffer now headwriting...the skies the limit for Kristen!

• Members

Some major wishful thinking from DAYS fans in this thread, lol. She is on the top rated, Emmy-winning soap. Why would she leave that for a show that has just narrowly escaped cancellation and had its budget slashed?

She was planning on leaving Daytime after her DAYS stint ended but only returned because Y&R gave her a big payrise and flexible schedule. If DAYS cannot afford Joe Mascolo, I cannot see them even trying to get ED back.

• Members

Plus I don't think we have thought of this, but perhaps ED likes what Y&R is giving....And by that I mean, perhaps she enjoys have second fiddle storylines. ED now has a child and a family to tend to, so perhaps her lack of storyline is at her request. We never think about that when it comes to airtime....

• Members

She's had a lot of great work these past few years. Everyone can't be frontburner at the same time. I'm sure she's gonna be the next to get a frontburner s/l.

Exactly. That's what Laura Lee Bell did. She asked to be put on recurring because she wanted to be with her kids and do other things.

Archived