Y&R: More Catfights Ahead for Kay and Jill!

• Members

I have even more juicy Young and the Restless scoop for you today, suds fans!

Daytime newcomer Scott Seymour, who recently joined Y&R as Billy Abbott, is already leaving the CBS sudser. His last air date is Thursday, November 9. "Billy was specifically brought in to jumpstart the new contentious storyline between Kay and Jill," Lynn Marie Latham, Y&R's executive producer and head writer, explains to TVGuide.com.

(As if you really need the reminder, Billy is Jill's son and Kay's grandson.)

Latham is well aware that Restless fans miss the longtime rivalry of Katherine "Kay" Chancellor and Jill Foster Abbott (Jeanne Cooper, Jess Walton). Their feisty feuding is the stuff of soap-opera legend!

Unfortunately, the women made nicey nice shortly after a 2003 plotline revealed that Jill is the long-lost daughter Kay gave up for adoption.

They drink tea, they live and work together amiably and are generally quite civil. It's revolting! We've waited forever for Jill and Kay to discover that they're not really related -- or something, anything that would set these femme fatales at each other's throats again.

"I am not undoing the mother-daughter story," Latham insists. "To do that, I feel, would be a disservice to the original story. A lot of people talked about that, but that's so gimmicky.

"But I do have a major, major explosive story in the works," Latham teases. "It is going to create extreme havoc between Kay and Jill that will be irreparable."

Bring on the bi*ch slapping! This Young soap viewer has been feeling Restless for a Kay/Jill catfight for way too long.

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?f...eadID=700009521

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm very excited by this, it looks to me like she plans on rotating various characters in as other storylines play out. Like Devon who was an extra under Latham now has a great frontburner story. Can't wait to see what she cooks up for Jill an Kay!

I especially like that it said that it will be irreparable. I don't *ever* want to see those two like they've been written post Mother/Daughter twist.

• Members

I'm looking forward to this....I have been missing some serious Kay/Jill fights, and it's about time that they bring it front and center.

I remember when Jill handcuffed Kay to the bed and they had to get Larry Warton to get them off.

You can still have a mother/daughter relationship, but it's even better to add the fights into the mix.

• Members

:lol:Oh that was nothing compared to the time when they got to fighting in the attic. :lol: They were trying to KILL each other. :blink: or the time when Jill crashed Kay's party to say that the Chancellor mansion was actually HERS in front of the whole town. Wooo, that was high drama. Cuffing Kay to the bed was just pure comedy. :lol:

• Members

I am so psyched about this. I've been waiting for Lynn to deliver where Kay and Jill are concerned and it sounds like she will. I reallu hope this turns out to be as great as these early comments sound.

Irreparable, ohh I love that word :) Kay and Jill being civil is just well, downright sick :blink:

Archived