The View

Josh

• Members

Okay, so after much worry and wondering, would I enjoy The View with Rosie, I have come to the conclusion:

YES

I am shocked that it is so good, because I didn't think it would be. Rosie brings something to the table that was missing and for the first time in awhile I don't feel that there is tension at the table. But they need to replace Star and get it over with, however I think we'll be in November before we see the replacement come on!!

However, I think they've found their girl:

DEBORAH ROBERTS

She's been the co-host the last two days while Babs was away. She fits with them and plus she's apart of the ABC family. I say bring her on...

Deborah or Gayle King

What do you'll think?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Deborah seems like a good fit. She's kind of similar to how Meredith was, as someone who is respectable but can also have fun. And that's definitely the type of person that they need, since Rosie is nothing like that.

I'm sure that Gayle is good too (I've never seen her on The View though).

• Members

Well they definitely need a "Meredith" figure there...someone who can lead the discussions, get some SERIOUS topics in there, and not let Rosie get "giveaway" crazy.

Rosie is a REAL turnoff for me on this show. They need someone with credibility on this show to lead the discussions. Rosie's starpower alone will not keep viewer interest.

• Members

Wow, bellcurve, I disagree. I still haven't tuned out of The View after tuning back in just because of Ro, and I can't stand much that the witch says! Yet, at the same time, even though she's liberal and INCREDIBLY opinionated about her issues, I still can't help lovin' her. It's crazy. And I'm hooked! One thing I do think is funny is how EVERY installment now has a giveaway, lol. I understand they didn't do that much before Ro? OH, and also, one day? She gave away TWO things. It's hilarious!

• Members

Deborah Roberts brings an integrity that Rosie lacks. More journailstic integrity I should say. Rosie does go off on tangents and they can be annoying, but I can see Deborah having a calming effect. I like both of them and see it as a good fit.

• Members

I'm not sure if Gayle King would be interested after Rosie said that Gayle and Oprah "are a little bit gay."

I like Deborah Roberts but I'd rather she stay away from The View. I don't want her to lose her journalistic credibility by being on The View. Seriously, I think this show would kill a "serious" journalist's credibility. IMO it did for Babs (the fallout from the Star Wars was the straw that broke the camel's back).

Oh, and did you all know that Deborah Roberts is married to Al Roker from the Today show?

• Members

^^

I agree that if Deborah became a co-host for the View, she would probably lose some respect as a journalist. I think it's interesting how now Barbara is on 20/20 all the time since the whole fiasco with Star and Rosie...as if she's trying to gain back the respect that she lost. She was on last week, as a legitimate host, not just doing a special interview, and I was like, "Wait! I thought she left the show!"

I still don't understand why Barbara decided to retire from 20/20 but stayed on the View...that was a big mistake. If I were her, I would have done the opposite. I know that the View is her creation, but there was a lot of times when she wasn't on and the show was still good.

• Members

I've known about Al and Deborah for TEN years, Daphne, lol. Maybe mo'.

Anyway, I agree about Gayle. She ain't EVA going back to "The View" after Ro's stunt.

By the way, something interests me about Ro:

1. She said 'everyone can be a little bit gay'

2. When following up to someone's joke about Little Elmo being gay, she said, 'He can't be gay, he's three!'

3. Asked if her sex scenes with Julian McMahon turned her on, she said anyone, gay, straight or bi would be turned on by him.

4. Asked again the same question by Nancy O'Dell, she avoided the question by saying something about how her "Car 54, Where Are You?" co-star apologized to her 'if I do or don't get a boner' during their sex scene.

Hmmm...

Hmmmm....

Hmm!!! B)

Archived