Barbara Walters to interview Terri Irwin

SnCCorinthos4ever

• Members

Story

Walters to interview Terri

September 20, 2006 12:00am

AMERICAN news queen Barbara Walters has scored an exclusive TV interview with Terri and Bindi Irwin.

Walters will fly to Australia tomorrow for a sit down interview with Steve Irwin's wife and eight-year-old daughter for a one-hour special to be aired on America's ABC TV network next week.

Walters, 74, said Irwin's son, Bob, two, would not take part.

"I'm going to go to Brisbane, Australia, to do an interview with Terri Irwin and with their little girl, Bindi," Walters announced today.

"The little boy is too young."

The interview is a worldwide coup for Walters and America's ABC TV network following the freak September 4 stingray death of Irwin on the Great Barrier Reef.

"His wife has not talked to anyone about this," Walters said.

Walters said topics she would discuss with Terri include what her relationship was like with her husband and how she was told of his death.

"It's an assignment I'm absolutely thrilled to have," Walters said.

"I think people want to know more about him.

"It was a tragic case."

The one-hour special will be aired in the US next Wednesday (September 27) and should reap huge ratings for ABC as Irwin, through his Crocodile Hunter documentaries, was a much-loved TV star in America.

Walters announced she had scored the exclusive interview today on her morning TV talkshow in the US, The View.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived