September 4-8, 2006

Toups

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Way to go GL!!!!

ALL- Didn't I predict this would happen months ago!!!

The only thing that would stop GL from rising more would be the change of time slots in some parts of the country. I live in Pittsburgh and they moved it from 3PM to 10AM. I like the 10AM time slot better for my schedule, but I don't know about other fans. It will be interesting to see the ratings next week to see if this schedule change has any effect on the ratings up or down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its a positive move up and shouldn't this be a sign that affiliates should start to carry GL more.....CBS should put more emphasis to promote the show and tell affiliates that they have to carry the show or else!!! Could you imagine what the ratings would be if more affiliates would carry the show??? Otherwise, I'm happy that GL is finally rising in the ratings and getting the recognition it deserves after the emmy awards.

Come on all you lapse viewers out there.................TUNE IN and see what your missing!!!!

• Members

HOLY [!@#$%^&*]!!! :blink: GL passed both AMC and OLTL????? :o OMG, I never thought it would happen! ABC daytime must suck real bad right now to be beaten by a soap that is given crappy timeslots or not shown at all in some places. And even if ABC wasn't sucking so badly, it's great to see GL steady at a 2.3 unlike a few months ago where it was down to 2.1. :D

I agree that GL needs waay more press..if they had gotten it last week, they would have probably beaten GH.

• Members

Absolutely. CBS also could have given its longest-running show a primetime slot to salute its 15,000th episode, which probably would have garnered even higher ratings for the show last week. But anyway, I'm glad GL is doing better - and all of those talks about canceling this show - begone!

• Members

Very interesting Rugrat! Thanks for doing that...

Looks like AMC had a great winter/spring - but their summer/fall is not good (looks like a trend).

GH just dropped off their high horse in June...

OLTL seems to just always stay steady - rarely any fluctuation, compared to the other soaps.

Days just really fluctuates...Seems interesting to me that they have high jumps during Christmas Break - the 1 week Spring Break - and then the summer........

• Members

LOL - very true...very true. I remember thinking last winter/spring that AMC was better than it had been in years! Not only Janet though - Dixie's return (which ended up bombing) - and Bianca's visit - Zendall being happy - JR/Babe being happy and getting married before JR went psycho - Mardi Gras explosion - flashbacks flashbacks flashbacks....

It's crazy how things can change on a dime!

• Members

I actually think that OLTL is the one that flunctuations and has rather random high's and lows to me. I think Days and OLTL are the two soaps that are wild cards when it comes to the ratings there is no real specific pattern or corrlation between the soaps. It seems like OLTL season ended the way it started out jumping up and down.

AMC started it's decline in July and simply kept bleeding. This happened last year as well AMC started bleeding in July and finally stopped around December.

Looks like Y&R is the real winner here.

Wow to GH there summer really sucked it seemed to start right at June. That's when they started to decline.

• Members

I see what you mean. OLTL has had a few outstanding (ratingswise at least) sweeps periods over recent years (along with several notable bombs) that resemble the DAYS highs of a few years ago (even people who gave up on soaps tuned in to see Alice Horton choke to death on doughnuts). The difference now, as far as I can tell, is that OLTL goes for the sweeps jugular and then retreats back to repetitive and boring (really an ABC problem) while now, the onus at DAYS seems to be sustained growth.

I have to qualify what I say by admitting I've never watched DAYS on a regular basis... but viewer reaction is increasingly positive and more optimistic than for any other soap. Just take a look at this board.

• Members

My analysis:

Zack's death was obviously good for DAYS Ratings for a month. Mimi and Shawn's wedding I guess was hot for a week, and then maybe Patch/Kayla's return/"reunion"? They definitely flunctuate wildly, but since July they've been doing well.

Y&R has been doing very good sincemid- June.

GH, on the other hand, has been tanking since June.

AMC did good with it's February Sweeps stunts (Explosion/Janet's Reign of Terror, Dixie's return). Then they started doing well again when Dixie saw Tad (4/17), then JR (4/24) and the JR may have killed Kendall/baby May sweeps stunt worked. I guess the few weeks following Greenlee's exit were a little hot also. Ratings have been tanking since July.

OLTL is pretty stagnant, minus Todd's exectution.

Unfortunately, I can only do this for AMC. Why? I only have their viewer count for the year before done for AMC!:

This is very telling of when McTavish should have been let go; AMC wasn't really able to pull itself back up after mid-March 2005 (2004-2005 is in 200,000 increments, 2005-2006 in 100,000 - diff. mid-points/averages also).

0AMSR.gif

Ratings2_3184_image001-1.jpg

• Members

Thanks Rugrat!

I hate to trouble you but would it be possible to have one graph that uses a different color line for each soap and that starts at 2,800,000 and goes to 6,000,000? Otherwise posters will have to remember that this is only a good way to compare how one soap is doing in relation to it’s past performance since Y&R, for instance, goes from 5,000,000 to 6,000,000 viewers where as AMC only ranges from 2,800,000 to 3,600,000.

Archived