B&B - Glimmer of hope

• Members

Okay, the crap continues next week but I was delighted - well actually shocked - some bits of upcoming shows could get actually pretty good!? :blink:

Spoilers for next week - only the puke-free-ones though...

- For Alexandria's sake, Thorne, Taylor, Sally and Clarke celebrate the late Darla's birthday.

- A mysterious stranger named Shane sets his sights on Taylor and Phoebe.

- Shane spies on Taylor - and he has blackmail on his mind.

These sound good but make me furious at the same time. Why don't we get to see Sally & Clarke handling Darla's death in the first place!? There was not one single teeny tiny episode or scene - WTF!?

At least I see a reason to stick with B&B for some more weeks now. But my patience with Bradley is close to zero these days...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, sheilaforever. I wish this was enough to get me to tune back into the show! Unfortunately, it isn't. The days of Sally and Clarke established as the ying to the Forrester yang are long gone... a big mistake as the presence of Spectra -- and Thorne running the place -- really balanced out the show, IMO.

All this just proves what I've said ever since Breacon fizzled out: Brad Bell is an atrocious writer. To write, you need to have a deep understanding of your characters. You need to plot and pace out your story so that it will reach some sort of satisfying conclusion and pay-off. Brad appears to have no desire to explore his characters' respective psyches; and he rushes every plot point to a conclusion with no real definitive pay-off.

IMO, he needs to step back and focus on being EP. B&B need a Kay Alden or LML over there to run the writing side. A Patrick Mulcahey!

• Members

I agree; don't know if Mulcahey is a tad too outlandish as headwriter of a Bell soap though. I'd rather see B&B to slow down and therefore would LOVE to see Kay Alden running the ship. She only needed to realize that B&B is driven by strong females kicking weak males in the curb - so that we don't accept sperm theft as part of the L.A. lifestyle... ;)

Archived