Something I made

DaysFanJean

• Members

I was design drafter for an architect many years ago. While working for him, we ran into a slow spell and he asked me to make a dollhouse for his granddaughter. It was a delightul project and I dove into it even making the drapes, curtains, upholstered the furniture, put wallpaper on the walls, carpet on the floors and of course painted everthing. I even made the floral arrangements, the lamps and pictures for the walls. The house and furniture were kits of sheet of balsam pressed to punch out or cut out and glue together. The furniture was a huge challenge to fit the tiny pieces and get them set and also to varnish as the varnish wanted to melt the glue....challenge, but I got through that one. It worked and here are some of the photos of the completed project I put on the net for some folks who asked to see them. I just thought I'd share and maybe some of you designed bookcovers, dresses, handbags, whatever and have something to share, too.

http://groups.jeansheart.com/dollhouse.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I re-did several soap logos a few years back, many of which I was very proud of, but I think I've shown those off too many times over the years. :lol: I also did a flash opening & closeing sequence for my websoap (on perpetual hiatus for...oh...2 or 3 years now) that turned out really well.

Archived