Hurricane Katrina anniversary

FanSoAp07

• Members

Wow, just this day ONE year ago (Saturday) at this EXACT time, I was glued to the TV, in a completly dark house (b/c we boarded up everything), in a quiet neighborhood (everyone pretty much left already). I was watching the enws allllll night. My mom was sleeping as was my brother. My dad was watching the news and I was in my room. Talk about some scary [!@#$%^&*]...then we woke up Sunday morning at about 4am. The creepiest moment of my life. My neighborhood was like a ghost town...WOW

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm in Mississippi on the Coast, and my Mom and I only got our FEMA Trailer in April........

We made the mistake of staying, and all though we live north of the I-10; it was one of the scariest things I've ever experienced. My Mom and I had stayed up all night, and we were awake and watching TV as it started to make landfall. It felt like the roof was going to be torn off the house at any moment......

Our home is still standing with our things inside it, but the mold and mildew are so bad that we can't live there; and the insurance is refusing to pay for any of the damage...... :(

I'm still having flashbacks and nightmares......

Didn't mean to go on about things......

Archived