Slow Board

Drew

• Members

The last couple weeks every time I go to make a reply to any posting, it is dreadfully slow to post - and usually timesout into Page Cannot Be Displayed while trying to bring the thread back. Everything is normal when it comes to browsing. Its not my computer, or my connection, this is the only site doing this. I'm not the only one finding this, am I?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I use my crappy computer at work, I don't notice anything out of the ordinary (because it's hideously slow there).

When I use my laptop from home, though, I get a lot of problems. It's slower than normal. When I post, it gives an error, but when I look back my post has been added. Except sometimes the thread doesn't get bumped up, like nobody's responded to it. Also, some of the threads have 0 (zero) for number of views and/or 0 (zero) for the number of replies, when people have commented and viewed the post.

• Members

I've experienced all these problems on my new computer. I am using EI Beta7 and it has that phishing emblem down in the tool bar and since it's been there all these problems have been occuring. I tried to turn it off but don't have that option even in the Setting Filter Settings....ugh.

Now, on the other hand, on my old computer everything works like always. It has to be either IE Beta7, the phishing filter or my virus scan has added something new to my firewall. It's so distracting that I don't even want to post.......but can't help myself :rolleyes: .

Any computer geeks here?

Archived