ONE LIFE

• Members

Per About One Life To Live site, OLTL is trying to get Andrea Evans back as Tina Lord, away from PASSIONS. I sure hope this is true. Andrea Evans is what OLTL needs. With the trend of old faves returning to soaps (GH & DAYS), hopefully this will come to fruition and Evans will agree to a long-term contract. I hope OLTL would eventually also bring back CJ and Sarah, and maybe Cord.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That rumor has always been around. Not to mention, Andrea has said that she will never move back to NY. Plus, she doesn't do contracts because she does a lot of speaking engagements for breast Cancer research. If she went back to OLTL, she wouldn't be able to be on that much.

• Members

I hated Kelli Maroney as Tina. Nancy Frangionne also filled in as Tina for awhile, but I didn't like her either.

Andrea Evans and Karen Witter were my favorites. I think there are several actresses I would not mind as Tina, and feel the character is needed. I do not want them to deage Tina, which is I'm afraid would happen - unless they did get Andrea back.

Some choices:

Marcia McCabe (about the same age as Andrea Evans, but might not be right - even though I love her)

Robin Mattson (1 year older than Evans, would be a great Tina)

Lynn Herring (a great choice)

Eileen Davidson (but probably would never leave Y&R, but would be a great Tina too)

Bobbie Eakes (would have been a great Tina, but tied to AMC)

Elizabeth Keifer (would be good - don't think she has a contract right now)

Barbara Crampton (would be a great Tina)

Genie Francis (would be good too; maybe give her the role she wanted when she went to AMC - she wanted to play a bad girl)

Kimberly Simms (might be okay)

Susan Walters (have always loved her)

I want Tina back so much, and sure hope that at least the rumor is right about her returning to the show - even if Andrea Evans can't return.

• Members

SteveFrame, I do like your ideas of Robin Mattson and Lynn Herring. I doubt Herring would move to the East Coast. OLTL's one of the few soaps left that Robin hasn't been on, she'd be an incredible Tina IMHO. Also Genie Francis might work as well, and with OLTL on the East Coast, it might be more suitable for her (that may be partly the reason she's not agreeing to a long-term deal at GH).

• Members

OLTL does not appear to be thinking about bringing back vets...in a recent interview, Frons said Robin Strasser (3 years ago) was OLTL's contribution to the movement. It seems more bent on pushing Paige or expanding existing families with new grown adults (even if they act like toddlers).

If Tina came back, it would have to be in conjunction with CJ and/or Sara.

Archived