Everything posted by DaytimeFan
-
Y&R: September 2026 Discussion Thread
I took a sick day last week and tuned in to verify just how bad the show is. All of you have described what's wrong with the show succinctly. I have nothing to add other than: "I concur." Can anyone tell me if Billy decided to invite Jill to his wedding? I could not get through the episode to find out. It was strange that they had Billy conflicted about inviting her when, during Lauren Koslow's guest run as Jill, it was written that Billy would go to London with her and mend fences.
-
B&B: September 2026 Discussion Thread
Is that really what's going on? Ever since the Hope at Logan reveal, the show has lost an incredible amount of momentum as it wasn't followed up on for weeks, and if they're filming in blocks of storyline, it at least explains what the hell has gone on behind the scenes that has sucked the life out of the show because we are no longer getting A, B and C storylines running in parallel, as we had earlier in the year. This Steffy is pregnant storyline is so bad. 1. She should have taken Plan B and this never would have been an issue. 2. She could had a safe abortion. 3. Finn thinking this is preposterous tells you just how bad an idea this is.
-
DAYS: September 2026 Discussion Thread
Thank you! That's great news. I faithfully tune in to all the episodes LK appears in and just watch it in a block. @Antoyne would be happy with this news too!
-
Bravo's The Real Housewives of....
London is a fantastic franchise. Up with the greats like Melbourne and Vancouver. Get to it!
-
Bravo's The Real Housewives of....
Yes, they’re back and I can confirm the second season is excellent. Karen’s tagline is my favourite “Like a luxury yacht, I can weather any storm.”
-
Bravo's The Real Housewives of....
I can’t help but enjoy Luann. I’m with you, she was probably skiing fresh powder but I don’t mind her antics. I love that she didn’t hesitate to check Kyle rolling her eyes. Vicki is so wildly miserable on both UGT and OC that I hope this is The End for her.
-
Bravo's The Real Housewives of....
This looks incredible. I’m all in. Bring on Potomac!
-
Bravo's The Real Housewives of....
Love this iconic Melbourne news and very much hope that my favourite Aussie Sheila, Janet Roach, returns as well. The Golden Life has not yet aired. From what I’ve heard, the initial filming went so well that E! ordered more episodes and they picked up filming in the Hamptons this summer. It’s set to air in early 2027.
-
B&B: August 2026 Discussion Thread
I agree with you about Miss Dylan. She reminds me a bit of DAYS’ Allison Sweeney - I find her interesting to watch. I cannot say that for the rest of the youth cast. The show has wildly lost its momentum. I simply do not understand how they let all the Hope Defects to Logan steam get let out of the storyline!
-
B&B: August 2026 Discussion Thread
I'm perplexed how we have gone from the high of Hope debuting her line...to the low of Steffy freaking out at Sheila in a beach chair eating a sandwich and drinking a frose in Monaco? The show lost a TON of the momentum it had with the Logan v Forrester! Why can't the writers commit to someone beating the Forresters and the Forresters being less than the best? It's just very strange because the buildup and reveal was there...but there's no fallout. I just do not understand how the show has managed to squander it's best storyline in 20+ years. Heather Tom vs Melissa "Miss Dylan" is great. The actresses have the hateful chemistry you want to see. Steffy's reaction to Sheila is ridiculous. This is truly putrid writing. Thorsten Kaye continues to suck. His worn out vocal cords and bloated physique are about as annoying as the writing for Ridge which is a plainly stupid hypocrite. Carter and Daphne. Hmm. The audience does not care about their fertility issues. I wonder if Brad ran a focus group and they said the same because the writing here feels very abrupt.
- Y&R: Jamey Giddens & Dan O'Connor named co-head writers
-
B&B: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Eric’s ramblings the last few days were tragicomic. He’s becoming a meme. I still can’t abide with the Logans being written like they’re in the wrong and the Forresters are some wronged party whose jersey designs from Le Chateau (iykyk) are beyond reproach. Also…I know RJ isn’t biologically a Forrester, but isn’t it a little gross he’s pursuing Electra who is legally his second cousin?
-
The 53rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Discussion Thread
When I tuned into the premiere of BTG and the month that followed, it was clear to me that Tricia Mann Grant is something special. I’m glad she was nominated and I hope she wins.
- Y&R: July 2026 Spoilers
- Y&R: July 2026 Spoilers
-
B&B: July 2026 Discussion Thread
I’m not sure what’s gone on in the writer’s room, but they’ve lost momentum since the Hope reveal and it’s like they have lost their nerve. Why do the Forresters need to be written like righteous victims? The Spencers did nothing wrong other than steal their thunder. Why is Brooke being written like she’s been wronged? She has not been. The Forresters treated Hope like an afterthought. I am glad Sheila is back…but we need to know who her roommate is and how she’s going to punish Deacon and Taylor. Remy and Deke need to advance. We need more of Shauna and Wyatt. Miss Dylan flipping on RJ and instantly hopping on Wills Magic Stick is such a sharp U-turn. Carter’s family planning crisis is overwrought because we do not care about this insta couple.
-
ARTICLE: DAYTIME EMMYS: ‘The Young And The Restless’ Leads With 18 Nominations, Followed By ‘Beyond The Gates’ With 15
Appalling nominations. I’m astounded Deidre Hall was not nominated while Stacey Haiduk, of all people, was.
-
Y&R: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Lauren Koslow probably loved filming on that outdoor set. It would have reminded her of the old Salem Place on DAYS. She was very good, again.
- Y&R: July 2026 Spoilers
-
DAYS: Sony to begin releasing previous seasons on YT?
I loved 1998 and 1999. Sami being framed for Franco's murder by Kate and Lucas, Lucas marrying Nicole, Sami on death row, all the stuff with Vivian/Ivan/Celeste/Stefano, Craig and Nancy Wesley, psycho Nurse Ali and Mike...I watch these episodes and am reminded of some good times. I just wish they weren't skipping over so many episodes. They literally skipped Lucas shooting Franco at Sami's wedding.
-
DAYS: July 2026 Discussion Thread
From when Suzanne discussed her cancer treatment last November on the Soapy podcast, she said she was off work for summer 2025 as she dealt with surgery and treatment. So I'd expect that Maggie will be offscreen 2-3 months total. I really hope they're moving Kate back into the Kiriakis orbit more permanently. I like her with Roman, but not if it means she's slinging order behind the bar.
-
Dynasty Discussion Thread
It's interesting to see how quickly the show host moves on once Healey praises Joan and says how friendly, warm, and compassionate she is and that she was the most professional actress he worked with.
-
B&B: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Why oh why are the writers making Katie even slightly conciliatory to Brooke? Katie doesn't owe Brooke anything! Why do they keep insisting on rewriting what Eric did? He willingly sought out working for Logan when Ridge retired him! Ridge is so unlikable and pompous.
-
DAYS: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Enjoyed Kate deciding she's returning to the Kiriakis mansion without anyone's approval and glad that the (off screen) Henderson still has her back and will arrange for her belongings to be moved back in. Why the Brady Pub has a country twang soundtrack at all times is puzzling and detracts from every scene set there. FauxLexie needs to go. This is one of the worst stories the writers could have come up with. What a rotten egg of a storyline.
-
ARTICLE: ‘As The World Turns’ & ‘The Young And The Restless’ Alum Colleen Zenk Arrested For DUI In Naples (EXCLUSIVE)
That blood alcohol level is not a bit tipsy. 0.2 is wasted.